CJ F. entering the transfer portal!!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
basket

CJ F. entering the transfer portal!!

Postby basket » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:07 am

CJ F. , of Iowa is entering the transfer portal!! Could XU get another Iowa product from Cov Cath? Boy that would be nice!!!!!!!!
thecoach

Re: CJ F. entering the transfer portal!!

Postby thecoach » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:43 am

UK may be his next stop in the rumor mill.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:07 am

yeah, I have heard UK too. I wouldn't complain if he decided on X.

Based on what we have I hope we see a mix of Defenses this year. We have some good defenders and some that will need help. The hedge doesn't look like a good option with Jack and Zach on the floor together.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:20 am

not sure how reliable but heard that there's a good chance X could get him.

i don't think so but hey, ya never know.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:26 am

If we get him will we find out what CJF stands for? Or is that gonna remain an insiders secret?
muskienick

Postby muskienick » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:37 pm

I found the answer to that question by accessing the 2020-2021 Iowa Men's basketball roster.
Last edited by muskienick on Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fathers James Hoff and Michael Graham, AD Mike Bobinski, and Head Coaches Staak, Gillen, Prosser, Matta, Miller, & Mack represent a Golden Era of Xavier Men's Basketball. AD Christopher and Head Coach Steele will bring us to an even higher level!
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:23 pm

muskienick wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:37 pm
I found the answer to that question by accessing the 2020-2021 Iowa Men's basketball roster.
How crafty of you to keep that nugget to yourself.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:49 pm

Whenever I see the “hedge “ mentioned I have to ask what it does besides silly fouls or out of position bigs, Someone please enlighten me
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:54 pm

I recall that it came down to X or Iowa, His uncle Joe is still the all-time three point % at ND I believe
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm

gym from delhi wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:49 pm
Whenever I see the “hedge “ mentioned I have to ask what it does besides silly fouls or out of position bigs, Someone please enlighten me
I hope I can help.
there are a number of reasons for Hedging. Because ball screening is so prevalent in college ball with the idea of the ball-handler getting to the middle of the court. it is meant to disrupt the screen and the ball handler by forcing a ball handler that is a good driver to stop his drive and force him to restart what he intended to do. Your goal in a hedge if you are the hedger is to force the ballhandler to take a couple of hard dribbles toward the half-court line and then recover to the man you were guarding. Another reason for a hedge is a double team on the ball-handler instantly off of the screen. If they are a good shooter they must make a decision which means they are not shooting the ball and if done right in a pac-line D the pass has a good chance of being picked off if it goes to the baseline or a long pass to the sideline. Sometimes a hedge is used if the ball handler is a driver or a good shooter and sometimes if a team is having problems with sideline D.

The key in a hedge is the defender's shoulders parallel to the sideline or the half-court line depending on where and why on the floor the hedge is made. Most of the time for X it would be the half-court line. Important for the hedger to communicate and recover when the defender of the ballhandler recovers unless they are double teaming.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”