RIP Jim Puthoff

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
DannyV76

RIP Jim Puthoff

Postby DannyV76 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:07 pm

I just received word that my good friend Jim Puthoff passed away Friday night. Jim played on the Musketeers 1958 NIT Championship team. Jim was an All City player at Purcell High School before coming to Xavier. Jim remained an ardent, loyal fan, having season tickets up until the last few years when his health took a turn for the worse.
Please remember Jim and his loving family in your prayers.
edgecliff hall

Re: RIP Jim Puthoff

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:24 pm

When I was a grad student at Catholic University in 1958, my Dad and I watched that wonderful team at a bar near CU. We were so dam proud of that Xavier team. Still proud.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:34 pm

RIP Jim.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 pm

DannyV76 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:07 pm
I just received word that my good friend Jim Puthoff passed away Friday night. Jim played on the Musketeers 1958 NIT Championship team. Jim was an All City player at Purcell High School before coming to Xavier. Jim remained an ardent, loyal fan, having season tickets up until the last few years when his health took a turn for the worse.
Please remember Jim and his loving family in your prayers.
The Xavier gallery in heaven has become much larger in the last few years. I pray Jim is in the loving arms of his creator.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”