Article from the Cincy Enquirer-Adam Baum

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Article from the Cincy Enquirer-Adam Baum

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue May 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Sorry.

We haven't entered the 21st century on this site, so no hyperlink. Here

(https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 003464001/)

is an article about the upcoming season, where Coach Steele provides his thoughts on the latter. If you didn't know who was being interviewed, you would probably guess that it was some random JV Coach around the city.
skyhops

Re: Article from the Cincy Enquirer-Adam Baum

Postby skyhops » Wed May 12, 2021 2:05 pm

So Miles wasn’t ready three months ago, but he is ready now? Steele sounds like he is throwing things at the wall and waits to see what sticks. Over his head
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Thu May 13, 2021 7:39 am

skyhops wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 2:05 pm
So Miles wasn’t ready three months ago, but he is ready now? Steele sounds like he is throwing things at the wall and waits to see what sticks. Over his head
Really? That’s what you took away from that article? That Steele’s over his head? Wow.

How about the idea that X, which got pushed around quite a bit last year, should be taller AND bigger next year? That Edwards has gained 20-25 lbs this past year? Or that Tucker was planning on redshirting, but had a monster senior year and may be ready to contribute right away? How about the information on the injury front for a few players? How about the information on the 2022 recruits and visits planned? The point about Miles is that he has finally started to fill out (remember he was the youngest player on the squad last year and is a full year younger than others in his class) and that might be a sign that his hip injury is healed? (Could also be a sign that it isn’t, and that he’s been sitting in the couch eating 24/7.)

There’s a lot of good information in that article. But I guess you missed it.

Can anyone say…”One trick pony”?
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu May 13, 2021 10:33 am

So a few years ago Miles played great in Europe but a few years later still can’t see the floor when Carter and Freemantle were two of the worst defenders in the BE? Now he put on 10 lbs in a few months and we should be excited? This is purely coach speak used car salesman talk. I believe it when I see it. Both Miles and Ramsey should have seen more minutes. Forgive me if I’m skeptical on Steeles coach speak and I’m not the only one.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu May 13, 2021 12:09 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 10:33 am
So a few years ago Miles played great in Europe but a few years later still can’t see the floor when Carter and Freemantle were two of the worst defenders in the BE? Now he put on 10 lbs in a few months and we should be excited? This is purely coach speak used car salesman talk. I believe it when I see it. Both Miles and Ramsey should have seen more minutes. Forgive me if I’m skeptical on Steeles coach speak and I’m not the only one.
You equate playing in Europe to playing D1 college basketball, good to know, and lets us know how much you know about European basketball and the teams X played. Asked a question about how Miles played Travis answered now maybe if he was asked how that good play by Miles might be translated into success on the court that year against D1 talent Travis might have had a different answer. Maybe you should listen to the questions as much as you listen to the answers(without injecting your bias). As for the 10 lbs Miles added that to the weight he had gained in previous seasons. Remember he was a stick and barely college age when he showed up at X. You yourself thought he should sit ou his first year so you knew he was not ready.

I have to agree with kyzrex there was a lot of things to hear from Travis which again should be put into context with the questions asked. There is an old adage If you want a better answer, ask a better question.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu May 13, 2021 12:33 pm

I did agree that he should have been red shirted but how many pounds per year does he need to gain to be able to provide minutes for a team that was depleted in the front court? I saw some pics of Edwards and he was pretty skinny late in the season and was not a post player? He put on 20 lbs the last few months? That’s amazing, and I do hope he can help. I’ve heard enough of Steeles coach speech and lame post game comments to be skeptical. Glad you agree with kyrex I think he could be Steeles father in law.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu May 13, 2021 1:04 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:33 pm
I did agree that he should have been red shirted but how many pounds per year does he need to gain to be able to provide minutes for a team that was depleted in the front court? I saw some pics of Edwards and he was pretty skinny late in the season and was not a post player? He put on 20 lbs the last few months? That’s amazing, and I do hope he can help. I’ve heard enough of Steeles coach speech and lame post game comments to be skeptical. Glad you agree with kyrex I think he could be Steeles father in law.
I guess you think putting on muscle is an overnight thing when you are practicing or like last year sitting in your room, just because you can put on weight from your binges at Dana Garden. Everyone is different when it comes to gaining weight. Nice job of missing the points of others' comments.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu May 13, 2021 3:36 pm

I preferred the Woods to Dana’s. Not sure what Dana’s has to do with anything. Good try
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Thu May 13, 2021 3:55 pm

“we're going to pass the heck out of it.”
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu May 13, 2021 5:31 pm

We are going to pass the heck of it sounds like a six grade CYO coach. Heard they are going to have orange slices at halftime.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”