Article from the Cincy Enquirer-Adam Baum

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops

Re: Article from the Cincy Enquirer-Adam Baum

Postby skyhops » Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 am

The new assistant in on this message board? Dan, if you are on this board feel free to reach out to me or AH for any basketball advice. Offered the same to Book, but he never got back with me.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue May 18, 2021 11:56 am

skyhops wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:32 am
The new assistant in on this message board? Dan, if you are on this board feel free to reach out to me or AH for any basketball advice. Offered the same to Book, but he never got back with me.
That is if you want BAD basketball advice contact Sky or his buddy AH.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue May 18, 2021 1:40 pm

i seem to remember Mack not being that great of a speaker or very articulate when he started out and he seemed to get better at that AND got better at coaching as well. Steele can do both as well.

it's funny how people interpret things differently, because when i read the article and saw "gonna pass the heck outta the ball", i inferred that to mean "we're going to move the ball on offense and be a very unselfish team." you guys took it as coach speak/cliche/used car salesmen stuff.

to each his own, i guess.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue May 18, 2021 4:57 pm

He said we were going to move the ball better before second and third season as well. I would hope he would get better during his fourth year especially considering his failures in year two and three. He was supposed to be an offensive genius as well.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Tue May 18, 2021 7:18 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 4:57 pm
He said we were going to move the ball better before second and third season as well. I would hope he would get better during his fourth year especially considering his failures in year two and three. He was supposed to be an offensive genius as well.
Now THATS a legitimate point. Complaining about how he said it is just nitpicking.

But they certainly DID have better ball movement last year than the prior year where Naji had the ball in his hands and it was one on one BB most of the time. It wasn’t great last year, but it was better.
Last edited by kyzrex on Tue May 18, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue May 18, 2021 9:16 pm

I agree with that especially early and mid season, but we were more of a perimeter team.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Tue May 18, 2021 9:24 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:16 pm
I agree with that especially early and mid season, but we were more of a perimeter team.
And I expect that to continue to be the case next year too.
#WHYNOTX?
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am

SC in DC wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:22 am
Haters gonna hate!
Pretty clear you have never followed any of my posts.

Relying upon an overused cliche is weak logic.
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Wed May 19, 2021 12:42 am

longliveskip wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 8:30 am
what's sad on here is that this thread has basically become a bashing of Steele because of his use of the word "gonna".

that's what some of your Xavier fandom has boiled down to at this point - we are going to rip our coach for using the word "gonna".

it's pathetic. (Not his use of the word, but the complaining of some people on here because of it)
Wow ... an extraordinarily weak reply. Our underachieving Head Coach uses “gonna” five times and “going to” three times in three paragraphs and you want to call me pathetic? X deserves an eloquent Coach, who is strategically superior. Does Coach Steele have either attribute?

Longliveskip, you have been a frequent poster and should know by now I have been a staunch X Coach defender, including for a long time, a Coach Steele supporter. However, should you want to joust about his evident coaching inabilities, along with his obvious linguistic shortcomings, happy to do so. Certain that his teams, which consistently underachieve, lose interest in his redundant incantations as the season progresses.

By the way, both my children went to X. Neither of them, nor their numerous friends, believe Coach Steele should remain as the Head Coach. Both Hops and AH have appropriately note I’ll spin my wheels in calling for his removal at this time.

I stayed away from posting after the initial item, then you got personal.
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Wed May 19, 2021 12:48 am

kyzrex wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 7:18 pm

Now THATS a legitimate point. Complaining about how he said it is just nitpicking.

But they certainly DID have better ball movement last year than the prior year where Naji had the ball in his hands and it was one on one BB most of the time. It wasn’t great last year, but it was better.
Is it nitpicking? Communication is pivotal to leadership at all levels, even more so for coaches.

The players of today tune out coach-speak when they know the coach is over matched on the sideline.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”