Another transfer...

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Jesseandrippers

Re: Another transfer...

Postby Jesseandrippers » Fri May 28, 2021 1:25 am

muskieman wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:59 pm
Tom Brew: "They have a passionate fan base too, on a lesser level. They play in a good league, the Big East.

Tom is a lesser level journalist

I also took offense to that paragraph.

Aside from that, it sounds like Hunter did not have a spot on the team so had to find a new home. A little leas voluntary than meets the eye. Oh well, hopefully he gets his stroke back and plays some D in the new threads.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon May 31, 2021 8:30 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tom Brew: "They have a passionate fan base too, on a lesser level. They play in a good league, the Big East.

What do you expect from an Indiana hack. On the other hand my son in law is an IU grad (undergrad and med school) and a rabid IU fan, but also an X fan because his son (my grandson) goes to X. He says this is a good pick up for X.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
JTG

Postby JTG » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:18 pm

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 1:25 am
muskieman wrote:

I also took offense to that paragraph.

Aside from that, it sounds like Hunter did not have a spot on the team so had to find a new home. A little leas voluntary than meets the eye. Oh well, hopefully he gets his stroke back and plays some D in the new threads.
living in Indy it's par for the course. Most of the mouth breathing IU fandom thinks the BIG is the only legitimate conference and they look down on everyone else. Failing to realize that most of IU's "glory" is fast becoming ancient history. I have a sneaking suspicion Woodson will be the second coming of Bob Knight. I certainly hope not as it has been glorious watching them suffer.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:05 pm

His numbers are not inspiring, but if he can play solid, lockdown D, I like the pickup, since X lacks a proven player who can guard quick, taller wings. However, someone on Twitter said he had been suspended a few times by Miller, and apparently turned off Woodson. If that's the case, I'm concerned. Not confident Steele can manage a guy like that. Miller on the other hand........ Too bad he turned out to be a cheater on Huggin's level. He would have looked good sitting next to Steele on the bench next year.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”