Another transfer...

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
yellow20xd

Another transfer...

Postby yellow20xd » Mon May 24, 2021 7:07 am

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Jesseandrippers

Re: Another transfer...

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon May 24, 2021 7:31 am

yellow20xd wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:07 am
Steele got another transfer... Dan

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 236026001/
This is a nice high ceiling get. Former higher end prospect with 3 tallies left on the scorecard. Could be a bust but has to have some talent.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon May 24, 2021 7:49 am

Don’t see how anyone can complain about this one being “over recruiting” and that it will cause problems with current players. Stanley is coming off of major knee surgery and may or may not be ready to play this fall. Tucker was/is expected to redshirt his freshman year anyway. Shouldn’t effect the 5 guards or the 5 bigs in any way. Adds depth at a position of question and has potential for lots of upside.
#WHYNOTX?
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Mon May 24, 2021 8:33 am

kyzrex wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 7:49 am
Don’t see how anyone can complain about this one being “over recruiting” and that it will cause problems with current players. Stanley is coming off of major knee surgery and may or may not be ready to play this fall. Tucker was/is expected to redshirt his freshman year anyway. Shouldn’t effect the 5 guards or the 5 bigs in any way. Adds depth at a position of question and has potential for lots of upside.
Generally agree. Does seem like a pretty good addition and, when injuries strike, without depth we are toast. So X has lots of frontcourt and backcourt depth and with a number of players coming off injuries, that is reassuring. But, the article noted that "the roster is crowded" and I don't know how Steele will manage it in the absence of injuries. Freemantle will be more effective with less minutes. But, if Nunge and Stanley are fully healed, Steele has to find minutes for Jones, Miles, this guy and enough for the other freshman to keep him from leaving. He wasn't able to do that last year although I'm willing to just throw away last year with its starts and stops.

This roster seems to be built for up-tempo. But, I thought that last year.

Steele, again, seems to have done a decent job bringing in talent. I assume the rest of the B.E. isn't standing still, however. Anyone have any updates on the rest of the conference? Creighton seems to have problems; UConn appears strong. I have no feel for the rest.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon May 24, 2021 11:37 am

Tucker is expected to redshirt, as that was the original plan. Stanley is coming off a knee surgery that generally takes a year or more to FULLY recover from (to a point where they have their leg strength, jumping ability, and quickness back). Nunge, Free, and the rest all play a different position primarily. The roster IS crowded, but primarily a guard, power forward, and center. Hunter is considered a small forward primarily and X is weakest at that position, especially if Tucker is not ready to go and red shirts.
#WHYNOTX?
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Mon May 24, 2021 3:54 pm

Air--re Creighton: They might recover--real fast!

https://whiteandbluereview.com/with-add ... -big-east/
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 am

Seems like a good additional to add depth. A few of my IU friends said he can be an asset on the offensive end especially with the ability to hit 3's, but limited on defensive and a poor rebounder. Defensively, he should fit in perfectly.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu May 27, 2021 1:21 pm

while X has 13 players two do not count on scholarship Scruggs and, I believe Nate.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu May 27, 2021 9:05 pm

Here is an article on the Hunter transfer.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/bask ... -didnt-mix
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu May 27, 2021 9:59 pm

Tom Brew: "They have a passionate fan base too, on a lesser level. They play in a good league, the Big East.

Tom is a lesser level journalist
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”