OT baseball

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
SC in DC

OT baseball

Postby SC in DC » Sun May 30, 2021 9:56 pm

Flipping channels, I turned on to poker stars championship and much to my surprise I saw a 2 run home run. It was by a Xavier catcher with 2 outs in the ninth to make it 10-6. Next guy doubled but next one took a called 3rd strike. Announcers had a lot of nice things to say about X. I honestly don’t know if it was live but it was fun and uneXpected! Unfortunately, UCONN is BE champs. UCONN coach is saying nice things about X also. Why not, he won!
muskieman

Re: OT baseball

Postby muskieman » Sun May 30, 2021 10:50 pm

SC in DC wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:56 pm
Flipping channels, I turned on to poker stars championship and much to my surprise I saw a 2 run home run. It was by a Xavier catcher with 2 outs in the ninth to make it 10-6. Next guy doubled but next one took a called 3rd strike. Announcers had a lot of nice things to say about X. I honestly don’t know if it was live but it was fun and uneXpected! Unfortunately, UCONN is BE champs. UCONN coach is saying nice things about X also. Why not, he won!
X came back after early losses to get to the finals and they had a lot of games packed into a couple of days, including the last game which started 40 minutes after they beat UConn 5-4 earlier on Sunday.

Friday night against Seton Hall in an elimination game which started after 10 p.m. because of a prolonged storm system and didn't finish until nearly 1:30 a.m. Saturday X won 4-2 behind the pitching of starter Lane Flamm, and then had to play to another elimination game about 14 hours later against Creighton Saturday evening which they also won 2-1.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”