More retirements that just UNC Roy Williams

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

More retirements that just UNC Roy Williams

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:31 pm

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski has reportedly decided to retire after the 2021-22 season.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Re: More retirements that just UNC Roy Williams

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:36 pm

And Brad Steven’s to Celtics GM but no longer coach.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:50 pm

Duke's decision is to select associate head coach Jon Scheyer as Coach K's replacement when he finishes his 42nd season.

Brad Stevens might be a great coach but GM seems to more problematic.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:26 pm

Not sure what the Celtic move is all about. Maybe Steven’s was tired of coaching selfish NBA players but didn’t want to go back to college coaching.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:33 am

olsingledigit wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:26 pm
Not sure what the Celtic move is all about. Maybe Steven’s was tired of coaching selfish NBA players but didn’t want to go back to college coaching.
GM is a much easier job. Way less prep and worrying that your coaches and players are doing things the way you want them to be done. GMs also have a lot of resources these days where the info is teed up for you. Gone are the days of Wayne Embry where he personally sat at college games and met with high school coaches to check character.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:58 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:33 am
olsingledigit wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:26 pm
GM is a much easier job. Way less prep and worrying that your coaches and players are doing things the way you want them to be done. GMs also have a lot of resources these days where the info is teed up for you. Gone are the days of Wayne Embry where he personally sat at college games and met with high school coaches to check character.
Danny Ainge didn't think that!
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 pm

I heard Anti Homer is at the top of the list for the Celtics head coaching job.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:08 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 pm
I heard Anti Homer is at the top of the list for the Celtics head coaching job.
I'm sure Sean Miller's agent Fed-exed his resume over. Pitino probably made inquiries as well.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”