Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

Mr. Brooks

Postby edgecliff hall » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:27 am

Welcome to Xavier, Mr. Brooks.
muskieman

Re: Mr. Brooks

Postby muskieman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:44 pm

for those of you who are puzzled by the welcome Mr, Brooks cryptic comment here is the information https://goxavier.com/news/2021/6/11/men ... iting.aspx

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ ... uxbndlbing
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 pm

I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:47 pm

A big welcome to Coach brooks. Here is the article for the Cincy Enquirer, and a nugget from Coach Hyperbole.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 660595002/

Brooks comes to Xavier after two seasons as an assistant coach at Southeastern Louisiana University. Prior to Southeastern, Brooks coached at Howard University (2017-19) as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator. "He comes to Xavier with a wealth of experience at the collegiate level." No other words are needed my friends. X was in dire need of an experienced, non AAU caliber coach, and had two opportunities this summer. How did Steele do?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:25 am

That is a wealth of experience for sure.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:46 am

welp, there goes the upcoming season and ultimately, the program. couldn't bring in a coach with 20+ years head coaching experience to sit on the bench next to Travis and help "mentor" him, so I guess that's it. great season, boys.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:53 am

As Thornton Wilder said in OUR TOWN, "Life sure is funny, George."
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:35 pm

no reason to always assume the worst, easy to become jaded, but many programs are lacking in several areas with irritated fan bases. As Fox Mulder would often say, we are not alone.... That said, I have hoped for two years now that Travis would bring on a savvy veteran coach who is semi-retired but wants to stay in the action. Phil Martelli was a perfect example. If anyone at X monitors this board, might I suggest at least an outreach to Fran Dunphy. I always thought he was a terrific coach who got the most out of his talent and seemed way above average on bench/ in-game coaching. He is retired and may miss the action. Plus, he has a few connections to Cincy with relatives.
Food for thought...

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”