NIL Rules

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
longliveskip

NIL Rules

Postby longliveskip » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:22 am

So, what's going to happen now that this NIL stuff is allowed? is this pretty much a "free for all" for the big schools to just make up fake jobs for players so that they can make money, etc?

just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this are.

i can tell you this: for years, i was on the side of "you get a full ride, free education, tons of benefits/gear, etc." so that should be enough, but i'm sort of coming around to the other side. i believe that they are opening this up TOO fast, in a sense, and the problem is the NCAA has terrible leadership so they haven't been able to come up with any kind of compromise/solution to this issue. they let it get into congress/judicial system and never took care of coming to a common ground with the athletes on what they should be allowed to do so basically, it's just gonna be "do whatever you want" kind of thing. seeing how much $$$ the NCAA makes off of its athletes has swayed me to think that they should at least be allowed NIL rights like any other student is allowed.

however, i read each state also has different rules on NIL so depending on where you go to school, it could be different.

it's a mess, but the NCAA created this mess. they have no one competent in charge to "clean it up", so to speak.

the rules should have burned down and written from scratch years ago, but oh well.

i guess we will see how this all shakes out.

thoughts?
norwood44

Re: NIL Rules

Postby norwood44 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:09 am

I can imagine higher level players playing to improve their status rather than playing on a team.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”