Kam Craft

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
XavierBob

Kam Craft

Postby XavierBob » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:15 pm

Kam Craft , 6ft 6in, 180 lb. shooting guard from Buffalo grove Illinois has committed to X. Rankled 101 and a 4 star by 247 sports.
muskieman

Re: Kam Craft

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Heard he is good from 3 point land and is not just a catch-and-shoot player.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:19 pm

ESPN has him (now) at 95 and a four star so that can not be too bad.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:20 pm

Because it's fun to get excited, this came out of the blue at least for me. Love it! Seems like a nice catch and a well sought after talent. Welcome Kam...! We look forward to your arrival into Xavier Nation.
* Now for the way-too-soon excitement. I am a very rational fan, and often, may seem a bit more pessimistic than others on this board. But has anyone watched Kam's highlight link? He plays a bit, and moves a bit like - wait for it - - - - - - Larry Legend. Sure, not as tall, certainly not as skilled, but reminiscent with his style and body language on the court with his step-back moves and the way he can twist in for layup attempts. Yes, I know darn well he aint Larry Bird's 2nd coming. But a dude can dream, right?
Nice way to start the holiday weekend
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:45 pm

Seems like a good get, but now they need to start turning their attention to players who play the 4-5 positions. During his tenure, including transfers, Steele and his coaches done a very good job getting guards, and a poor job of getting quality bigs. Hankins has been the only productive one other than Free, and Hankins was underused for 1/2 the season (like the best true big who only played 10 minutes a game last year in Ramsey. The two who were supposed to be the future post players for X in Miles and Ramsey have scored less than twenty points cumulatively in two years other than garbage time.

Steele claims Ramsey couldn't play due to injuries, despite consistently saying Ramsey would be ready to go after the T Giving tourney two years, ago, then would keep saying "any day now" when asked. No more excuses. This team is loaded again. I am going to be rooting for my coach to pull it together in year four, or it has to be Aloha on The Steel(e) Guitar.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:21 pm

"Aloha on the Steele Guitar"??? Anti, you just outdid yourself!
ChitownSteve

Postby ChitownSteve » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:25 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:20 pm
Because it's fun to get excited, this came out of the blue at least for me. Love it! Seems like a nice catch and a well sought after talent. Welcome Kam...! We look forward to your arrival into Xavier Nation.
* Now for the way-too-soon excitement. I am a very rational fan, and often, may seem a bit more pessimistic than others on this board. But has anyone watched Kam's highlight link? He plays a bit, and moves a bit like - wait for it - - - - - - Larry Legend. Sure, not as tall, certainly not as skilled, but reminiscent with his style and body language on the court with his step-back moves and the way he can twist in for layup attempts. Yes, I know darn well he aint Larry Bird's 2nd coming. But a dude can dream, right?
Nice way to start the holiday weekend
The shot slot is reminiscent of Bird.

Maybe a playing resemblance to a recent fan favorite X grad who was a gamer .... JP Macura? If so, quite an addition.

Welcome Kam!
jct1941

Postby jct1941 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:54 am

A good article about him in the Cinti Enquirer Sunday morning. He may become the all time leading scorer for his team but he also led his team in rebounding, blocked shots, and steals for the last three years. Sounds a lot like McCura and seems to just getting better as time goes by. I know its only high school basketball but he seems to be very dedicated. He also had offers from Texas Tech,Iowa,Marq., NC State, Nebraska, S. Carolina and Maryland. They are are all in major conferences and sometimes that can be a good sign. Go Xavier!
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:51 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:45 pm
Seems like a good get, but now they need to start turning their attention to players who play the 4-5 positions. During his tenure, including transfers, Steele and his coaches done a very good job getting guards, and a poor job of getting quality bigs. Hankins has been the only productive one other than Free, and Hankins was underused for 1/2 the season (like the best true big who only played 10 minutes a game last year in Ramsey. The two who were supposed to be the future post players for X in Miles and Ramsey have scored less than twenty points cumulatively in two years other than garbage time.

Steele claims Ramsey couldn't play due to injuries, despite consistently saying Ramsey would be ready to go after the T Giving tourney two years, ago, then would keep saying "any day now" when asked. No more excuses. This team is loaded again. I am going to be rooting for my coach to pull it together in year four, or it has to be Aloha on The Steel(e) Guitar.
I agree that this kid may be a good get over time. Pretty skinny or so it seems (see deointe Miles). However at the 3 position maybe ok. That said, the Ramsey thing will always be a mystery. He finally got in the Butler game and had a great 5 minutes scoring 4 points. After the game, Steele said Ramsey has earned the minutes. He would say in pre-game that he expected Miles to get playing time in certain games and doesnt see the floor. I'm sure he had his reasons but never really understood that. He did the same with Tandy too. Would say Tandy did well in practice and how much X needed him for that particular game ("we really need Kyky in MSG"). I like Steele but he certainly falls in love with players regardless of their performance (Carter and Kunkel). I sincerely hope that whatever the disconnect is it gets figured out in year 4.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:13 am

Steele is trying to get as many 2's and 3's as possible not matter if they play D or not.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”