Kam Craft

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
skyhops
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby skyhops » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:33 am

Because he did last year. Why would you think our main big would not be guarding an opposing big? I bet Odom and Scurggs will also be defending the opponents guards as well. Try and pick a better argument. Our internal defense was awful last year and will need to improve. Carter transferring will hopefully help plus I look forward to hearing Steele talk about how improved Miles has been for the third year in a row.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23812
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby muskieman » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:59 am

skyhops wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:33 am
Because he did last year. Why would you think our main big would not be guarding an opposing big? I bet Odom and Scurggs will also be defending the opponents guards as well. Try and pick a better argument. Our internal defense was awful last year and will need to improve. Carter transferring will hopefully help plus I look forward to hearing Steele talk about how improved Miles has been for the third year in a row.
I don't believe we had the guy from Iowa last year and Miles was not equipped to handle Watson. This year we have, at least, two bigs and also ben with the bulk to play THE WATSON TYPE BUT Watson is a pro-type player and a few teams will struggle with him as a fifth-year player. BTW X did a decent job on him last year holding him to his average or below in their games.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby skyhops » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Not to mention getting schooled by the Butler bigs in the tourney. I do believe if healthy Nunge will be a big upgrade especially with his length. He played well last year behind Garze, just hope he stays healthy.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23812
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby muskieman » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:20 pm
Not to mention getting schooled by the Butler bigs in the tourney. I do believe if healthy Nunge will be a big upgrade, especially with his length. He played well last year behind Garze, just hope he stays healthy.
Skyhops "The Cherry Picker"
Interesting that you pick that game considering they played 3 times that year and the Butler bigs didn't show up in the other two.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers
Posts: 824
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:22 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm
skyhops wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:20 pm
Not to mention getting schooled by the Butler bigs in the tourney. I do believe if healthy Nunge will be a big upgrade, especially with his length. He played well last year behind Garze, just hope he stays healthy.
Skyhops "The Cherry Picker"
Interesting that you pick that game considering they played 3 times that year and the Butler bigs didn't show up in the other two.
Pick 90% of any of the games against credible opponents. Our bigs sucked brah.
skyhops
Posts: 3020
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby skyhops » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 am

I'm beginning to think that Muskieman doesn't really watch the games because our interior defense last was terrible, which makes not playing Miles and Ramsey even more maddening. Fortunately, Carter is gone so we can try some new combinations but Zach will have to start playing at least some defense for us to be successful. According to sources, many are growing tired of Steeles advice and used car salesman comments. He needs to make the tourney especially with everyone back. No excuses, except from MM.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23812
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:26 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:22 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:27 pm
skyhops wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:20 pm
Not to mention getting schooled by the Butler bigs in the tourney. I do believe if healthy Nunge will be a big upgrade, especially with his length. He played well last year behind Garze, just hope he stays healthy.
Skyhops "The Cherry Picker"
Interesting that you pick that game considering they played 3 times that year and the Butler bigs didn't show up in the other two.
Pick 90% of any of the games against credible opponents. Our bigs sucked brah.
again undersized players will struggle especially since Ben went out early! That is why Nunge is so important and a rebuilt Miles and a Hunter sill give X more bodies that can bang inside. Do I WISH X HAD 4 BIG BODIES LIKE PROVIDENCE OR SETON Hall have/had, of course, anyone would! It is easy to be critical of players that give up 30 lbs or more. My bet is if Stanley and Carter had not been injured last year and Ramsey's knees had not been as hopeless as they were, X, wins more games and advances in the BE. I agree Freemantle needs to play better D but to insert someone who plays only slightly better D and gives little or nothing on the O side makes no sense. Just being able to have those guys along with a more productive Griffin might have changed some outcomes.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
kyzrex
Posts: 1737
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:35 am
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby kyzrex » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:02 am

Some people can’t grasp the concept that if someone is not productive in practice….either offensively or defensively…..it’s a pretty safe bet they aren’t going to play well in the games either. Since the coaches watch all the practices, and NONE of us do, I’m going to continue to go by the idea that they have good reason for playing the players they do. I’m willing to accept the idea that the reason that Miles and Ramsey didn’t play was because they were NOT better options than the other players did play. That makes me wonder if either of those players will ever become productive college players. I’m not going to hang hopes of Xavier making vast improvement this year on Miles having a breakout year, even if he has gotten bigger and stronger.
#WHYNOTX?
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23812
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:07 am

skyhops wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:04 am
I'm beginning to think that Muskieman doesn't really watch the games because our interior defense last was terrible, which makes not playing Miles and Ramsey even more maddening. Fortunately, Carter is gone so we can try some new combinations but Zach will have to start playing at least some defense for us to be successful. According to sources, many are growing tired of Steeles advice and used car salesman comments. He needs to make the tourney especially with everyone back. No excuses, except from MM.
I don't agree with Steele on a lot of things(like minutes played for some players) but then, like you, I don't see players on a daily basis and I don't know why Griffin was inconsistent on the O side and passive on the D side. Would you trade Freemantle scoring for Griffin, and before you say that look at the stats of someone we know and someone that just came to the program. If you think Griffin played much more Defense then you might be the one not watching the games. When Griffin scored it was nice and a surprise as he averaged 3.9 points per game but to insert someone who plays "your perceived better" D makes no sense. Freemantle shot poorly from the Foul Line at just under 60% but was far more effective than the 50% of Griffin, heck Carter, the player you loved to hate was better from the line than Griffin. Look Griffin average 11 minutes in the 18 games he played and would have been more of a force if he had scored in two of the Butler game(Including the BE game) and the Providence and Creighton games. While he was a better scorer against teams some think substandard he was still inconsistent against other "substandard teams" watch the beginning of the season games.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23812
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Kam Craft

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:22 am

kyzrex wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:02 am
Some people can’t grasp the concept that if someone is not productive in practice….either offensively or defensively…..it’s a pretty safe bet they aren’t going to play well in the games either. Since the coaches watch all the practices, and NONE of us do, I’m going to continue to go by the idea that they have good reason for playing the players they do. I’m willing to accept the idea that the reason that Miles and Ramsey didn’t play was because they were NOT better options than the other players did play. That makes me wonder if either of those players will ever become productive college players. I’m not going to hang hopes of Xavier making vast improvement this year on Miles having a breakout year, even if he has gotten bigger and stronger.
We can hope Miles could give us 11 minutes per game played like Griffin played in 18 games and if he can give us. at a minimum, and average more than 3.9 points and 3.9 rebounds like Griffin did (More like Ben's 6 point average) I would be happy.

The interesting numbers will be what kind of minutes will Ben, Miles, Nunge, Freemantle, Hunter, and Cesare Edwards will play? Glad I don't decide that. The unknown are Hunter and Edwards and how will they impact games when Freemantle or Nunge are off their games.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests