Kam Craft

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

Re: Kam Craft

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:59 am

Nice try, Anti, but I suspect nobody on this site is gonna know who Ronan Farrow is.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:16 am

finalfourorbust wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:42 am
I don't remember any instances where a player has gone from a bad shooter to a good one at the college level. Many of them have learned to play defense though. Because of his athleticism Odem will become a great defensive player, but, I don't think he will ever be a good shooter. Craft will always be a good shooter, but, his athleticism and work ethic will determine his limits on defense.
Lenny Brown and Darnell Williams. Neither were horrible shooters as freshmen but not great. Lenny Brown went from 32.6 to 39.5 from 3 and 42.8 to 50.2 from 2. This was Fr to Sr years.

Darnell williams is a different story so looked at his soph to jr year. He went from shooting 25 to 44.8% from 3. He was never really the same after his injury. Not saying Odom will be a good shooter but just hope he improves.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:09 am

Congratulations to Kam on being named to Nike EYBL Session to First Team while averaging 20.6 PPG & 6.2 RPG
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:08 am

Any insiders know how the team fared against the alumni team during their scrimmage?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:31 am

PaulFritschner
Posted on 14 hrs, V I P, User Since 3 months ago, User Post Count: 11
14 hrsVIP
3 monthsPosts
Got some info today from a source. Here were the takeaways:
#ZipEmUp vs Team 100

Format: Four nine-minute quarters. No Elam Ending. Had three real referees.

Team 100 was super nervy to start. Got down 10-2. Paul was the only player who was being aggressive early. They had a tough time inside slowing down Semaj and O’Mara PnR. The old guys were running some things they’ve been practicing and were much more decisive. J.P. and Mark Lyons scored a lot as well early on. Trevon shooting it as usual. Probably 15-20 on 50% shooting mid-range and deep.

Team 100
- Paul was the old man who took the onus to score. Shot it ok, finished well around rim. Made good decisions.
- Zach Freemantle looked ok. Hit a three but didn’t force too many looks.
- Colby got aggressive and settled in nicely. Didn’t wow anyone but held his own.
- Johnson and Kunkel struggled shooting it vs the physical D (refs let a lot go) but Kunkel still made some really nice passes. Did have some TO’s.
- Kyky, Dwon, Nunge, and Ben Stanley DNP

Of the young and new guys for Team 100:

- Cesare hit two nice mid-range shots. Looked very comfortable.
- Hunter is really long and can run the break. Decent athlete but didn’t shoot well today. Liked what he saw.

The last 2-3 minutes everyone was gassed. That’s when Naji, Tyrique, and B.J. Raymond came in and just got up and down for a few minutes.

Final score: 77-71 Zip Em Up
norwood44

Postby norwood44 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:40 am

Zip 'em Up was very impressive last night, although the competition was not strong. That said, it's encouraging that Zip 'em Up won by 7 points against Team 100.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:49 pm

Not surprising that zip em up beat our current team considering this current tends to play soft especially in the paint. I hear that O'mara had his way with Zach, who mainly shot from the outside (which we don't need). The current team has too much experience to get bullied around. The offense Steele was running was not even close to the offense that Zip em up, but not surprising with Steele.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Ah yea, Zach will not be playing the O'mara kind of guys with NUNGE around
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm

He is going to have to guard Nate Watson and other bigs this year.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:30 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:39 pm
He is going to have to guard Nate Watson and other bigs this year.
what makes you think he will be guarding a center all the time?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”