Kam Craft

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Re: Kam Craft

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:08 pm

madness31 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:11 pm
I still have hope that Miles can be a valuable asset this year. He wasn't ready last year but there is definitely potential there. Hopefully he is getting the coaching he needs to fulfill his potential.

As for Griffin not scoring much over the last so many games being proof he wasn't able to contribute is ignoring so many other facets of the game. I don't recall the details of those games well but I am thinking at least several of those games had Griffin contributing in other ways. Defense, not taking poor shots, rebounding, etc. It is definitely possible covid significantly impacted his conditioning and forced reduced minutes but there were so many games throughout the year that he earned more minutes and never received them that I don't have a lot of confidence conditioning is the reason his minutes were non existent.
I hope Miles can be a very valuable asset as well. Steele said after the Spain trip that he was the best shooter on the team. That was definitely in his top 5 head scratching comments, and there was fierce competition. Unless he made unprecedented progress this summer, he ain't the answer at the post position. I'd be thrilled if he could give 12-14 productive minutes a game.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:14 pm

madness31 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:11 pm
I still have hope that Miles can be a valuable asset this year. He wasn't ready last year but there is definitely potential there. Hopefully he is getting the coaching he needs to fulfill his potential.

As for Griffin not scoring much over the last so many games being proof he wasn't able to contribute is ignoring so many other facets of the game. I don't recall the details of those games well but I am thinking at least several of those games had Griffin contributing in other ways. Defense, not taking poor shots, rebounding, etc. It is definitely possible covid significantly impacted his conditioning and forced reduced minutes but there were so many games throughout the year that he earned more minutes and never received them that I don't have a lot of confidence conditioning is the reason his minutes were non existent.
I hope Miles can be a very valuable asset as well. Steele said after the Spain trip that he was the best shooter on the team. That was definitely in his top 5 head scratching comments, and there was fierce competition. Unless he made unprecedented progress this summer, he ain't the answer at the post position. I'd be thrilled if he could give 12-14 productive minutes a game.
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:47 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:14 pm

A.H. Just wondering if you would list your "Top Five Head-scratching Comments".
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 am

I remember a comment that Will Caudle was schooling David West in practice from someone or that Terrance Payne was the next Brian Grant.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:13 pm

skyhops wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 am
I remember a comment that Will Caudle was schooling David West in practice from someone or that Terrance Payne was the next Brian Grant.
sounds like something you would mutter to yourself
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:59 pm

In fairness to Steele, I watched all of the Spain games live and Miles did play very well. But the competition stunk!
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:48 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:59 pm
In fairness to Steele, I watched all of the Spain games live and Miles did play very well. But the competition stunk!
In a related post, X had a SG named Adrion Graves, who played a couple of seasons on SM's teams around 07,'and who won the MVP of the Summer League, which was laden with the regional team's best players back in the day. He averaged only 2-3 pts a game more than I did during his tenure (2-3 yrs before transferring). The point isn't to mock or deride AG, but to underscore what OSD said: competition matters. Spoiler alert: Recruiting, understanding player's strengths and weaknesses, strategic game planning, and in-game management are the key attributes which determine the success, or lack thereof of coaches. I read this in Bruiser Flint's great book: "I'm not the worst coach in America." Inspiring stuff.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm

I think I heard from AH that Muskieman told him that Churchill Odia was going to be the next Penny Hardaway or was it Lil Penny, I can't remember. Anytime someone tore up the Deveroes league for Xavier they were in trouble.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:49 pm

skyhops wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:24 pm
I think I heard from AH that Muskieman told him that Churchill Odia was going to be the next Penny Hardaway or was it Lil Penny, I can't remember. Anytime someone tore up the Deveroes league for Xavier they were in trouble.
reminds me of when Skip Prosser introduced one of his players to the team (at the first practice of the year) as "The Most Valuable Player" (pause) "of the summer league" with as much sarcasm as he could muster.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:10 pm

Or the all “airport team”

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”