Talk XU Men's basketball here...
kyzrex

Re: Tyrell Ward

Postby kyzrex » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:03 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:37 pm
skyhops wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:11 pm
Can he guard the 4 because that has been a major issue the last couple seasons. Nice recruit, now we need a true big and a PG. Luckily im sure he got some high level coaching at DeMatha
PG is a need? Did I miss Odom hitting the transfer portal? Hops, I wish just once, you could post a purely positive take. I think you need to mimic the writing stylings of Edgecliff, who, likes yours truly, always manages to turn mangos into lemonade.
He’s not wrong though….by the time these recruits get into school, Odom will be a junior. That would give any PG recruit 2 years of learning before they were asked to take over the team completely. A PG and a PF are what X will be going after hard in this class. However, I expect that only ONE of the positions will be filled by a freshman recruit. The other scholly will be held back to be used by a transfer. Some may not like it, but keeping scholarships open for use by transfers is what it’s moving to.
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Re: Tyrell Ward

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:03 am

Good point. One issue though is that they are so guard heavy, so if they get someone of Paul McMillan's(sp? ) caliber, he and others with his skillset will expect PT. Of course this is a problem every program who has a plethora of Top 100 players has, so that is why you need a coach who can deftly manage everyone's expectations.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”