Nice write-up by ESPN on X in the pre-season NIT

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Re: Nice write-up by ESPN on X in the pre-season NIT

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:12 pm

What am I missing? I see nothing about X?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:39 am

olsingledigit wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:12 pm
What am I missing? I see nothing about X?
i'm guessing the title on this thread is slightly sarcastic. :)
SC in DC

Postby SC in DC » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:18 am

X-actly!!
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:48 pm

Can ya blame them? Both programs are on a downward trajectory, having missed the Tourney three years in a row. X has sucked less than Iowa St, but is still mired in mediocrity. Make or break year.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with X being a BE school and the BE being tied to Fox and not ESPN…..right? ;)

:mrgreen:
#WHYNOTX?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:26 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:14 pm
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with X being a BE school and the BE being tied to Fox and not ESPN…..right? ;)

that would never happen...just ask the teams on the Big Ten Network! :o
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:29 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:26 pm
kyzrex wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:14 pm

that would never happen...just ask the teams on the Big Ten Network! :o
I was on board with this, until I looked at the write up more closely. There are two other BE teams in the early tourneys alluded to in the article.

2021 Paycom Wooden Legacy Player to watch: Five-star recruit Aminu Mohammed, ranked 25th in the 2021 class, leads a group of talented prospects and transfers at Georgetown that hope to build on last season's miraculous run to the Big East tournament championship.

2021 Shriners Children's Charleston Classic: Something for the college hoops junkies: A decade ago, Shaka Smart led VCU on a memorable Final Four run and, after an up-and-down tenure at Texas, he gets a fresh start at Marquette. This event will be an early look at a group that will rely on a multitude of new faces, including Maryland transfer Darryl Morsell.

Apparently the writer of the article didn't get the Evil Empire memo about shunning any and all BE teams, as he actually crowbarred a paragraph each about two BE basement dwellers along with X. This is a shame, b/c I soooo wanted to find another reason to dislike ESPN (as there are plenty). There was also no mention of Indiana State. I hope they and X call Ronan Farrow to dig deep and expose this massive conspiracy.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:09 am

You might notice that not in any of those reviewed was a BE team tagged as either the favorite or a dark horse candidate to win. Maybe that’s a legitimate take, maybe not. But based on past history with the E, I have my doubts.
#WHYNOTX?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”