Realignment

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
olsingledigit

Re: Realignment

Postby olsingledigit » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:32 pm

Which are the four teams? UC, BYU, ???, ???
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:41 pm

Houston and Central Florida
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:00 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:41 pm
Houston and Central Florida
What a downgrade from Texas and Oklahoma. Cincinnati is the best of the bunch. Should help them recruit a little better but the Big 12 is turning into a mid major.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:59 am

What is interesting, to me, is how this will relate to Basketball alignment? Will Texas and Okla be in the Big 12, will their move be UK instead of KU as a basketball opponent. Think about how UK, Texas, Okla, Ark, Auburn, Florida, and Bama become a powerhouse league even over the ACC and possibly the Big 10, and in football, WOW.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:15 pm

That's going to be a very good bball league. Your figure Houston was final 4, Byu was tourney team and Uc typically is as well. Ucf has Dawkins who in all likelihood will benefit from recruiting playing that configuration. I think the big beneficiary will be Ucf and Uc football recruiting. Both of those schools are doing very well getting talent before upping the league quality. It's now one less negative, and a lot more money.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”