Rachel Butler Top Runner For Xavier

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
edgecliff hall

Rachel Butler Top Runner For Xavier

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:14 pm

See story by Adam Baum in Enquirer. Please, somebody write a inspirational movie script. Feature Xavier coaches working together with Xavier spirit. Star Rachel playing herself. Get a director who wants to make their first feature. Get backers. I'll be one of them. Come on! Go for it! Tip the Universe. Go X.
kyzrex

Re: Rachel Butler Top Runner For Xavier

Postby kyzrex » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:37 pm

It’s a great story!
#WHYNOTX?
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:10 pm

You've got that right, kyzrex. I have sent a pitch to Xavier film-maker Sara E. Timons, and also to writer/director Jim Sadwith. If anybody has a connection with George Clooney, now's the time. Remember he has directed a feature film on the Xavier campus. Go X!
basket

Postby basket » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:37 am

Edgecliff you beat me to the puch! I was about to make a post about this on here. As a former C.C runner and a current coach I LOVE seeing SOME reconition for OUR sport! Her story IS a GREAT story!! As a current HS coach for "other" teams coaches to work with the NEW CC at XU says a lot!!

GO X!!
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:53 pm

There needs to be a scene where she meets with Father Mike Graham, but she doesn't know who he is. In a gym. He doesn't know who she is exactly, but know she's Xavier student. He tells her to tip the universe. She thinks he's crazy, but she likes him. Maybe he's there when we shoot the race, cheering her on.
And music is big and important in running movies. Think of Chariots of Fire. Perhaps coach Sam Burroughs has a song he really likes to use to drive his runners. Think of a song driving her. Think of head-on shots of her running right at you. Think of cutaways of friends cheering her on!
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:46 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:14 pm
See story by Adam Baum in Enquirer. Please, somebody write a inspirational movie script. Feature Xavier coaches working together with Xavier spirit. Star Rachel playing herself. Get a director who wants to make their first feature. Get backers. I'll be one of them. Come on! Go for it! Tip the Universe. Go X.
A good story but a bit of a reach for a movie. She would have to win a National Championship or some kind of medal in international competition for this to make the big screen.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”