Here’s the Enquirer article you’ve all been waiting for…lots of information!

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
CarmeloLabadie

Here’s the Enquirer article you’ve all been waiting for…lots of information!

Postby CarmeloLabadie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:26 am

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

Xavier basketball offseason notes: Injury updates, recruiting, next season's play style

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports ... 003464001/
muskieman

Re: Here’s the Enquirer article you’ve all been waiting for…lots of information!

Postby muskieman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 am

the article is a little on the old side. May 8, 2021
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-man

Re: Here’s the Enquirer article you’ve all been waiting for…lots of information!

Postby X-man » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:15 am

muskieman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 am
Yes, it would be highly un usual if the new recruits and Nunge, not to mention the Iowa transfer not mentioned, were still not on campus a month after fall classes began.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
tacitus

Postby tacitus » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:50 pm

And not all that informative, either. At least not at this point in time...
Let's March!
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:36 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 am
Carmelo is on cutting edge.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06 am

BTW,

I was able to hack into the computer of the talented Adam Baum, and will share some quotes from his latest interview, soon to be released. If this doesn't give you positive goosebumps, nothing will. Some gems:

-We're going to rebound the heck out of the ball.
-In addition to secret practice points (though some still played last year despite not practicing all week), minutes will be earned if players can recite lines from Ace Ventura, Pet Detective.
-We're gonna score the heck out of the ball.

LOVE the passion, but just wish sometimes he wouldn't share the game plan.
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:56 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:56 am
Carmelo,

Please know that despite the slings and arrows from my co-moderator, and other posters, this is a safe place. It is dated, but thank you for posting. I do love two lines which reinforces my feeling that we have one of the most darling coaches in cbb (paraphrasing):

- "We're going to pass the heck out of the ball.
-We're going to play fast.

Heard in 7th grade cyo practices across the city.
My concern with the above isn't so much the quotes. My concern is will it happen? Coach Steele has made broad pronouncements in the past that haven't come to pass. I'm not suggesting he does this deliberately but I think, in an enthusiastic moment, he has a tendency to exaggerate. Recall his past comment about being the best defensive team in X history. This year's team seems to have the horses to play fast and it possesses the maturity to play as a team. I also think having enough personnel to play an up-tempo offense also allows for more aggressive defensive play---as in harassing, half court man-up. Were I Steele, I would force the five guys on the court to work so hard defensively, they beg to come out. That would help address the issue of allocating minutes.

We are a couple months away from finding out if this is finally the year the team succeeds under Coach Steele. Fingers crossed. I cannot wait to see how we perform.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:02 pm

The last three years we have had some of our fastest teams yet we still didn’t run and continued to shoot threes out of the half court offense. He is probably still going to play the guys that practice the hardest. Still a used car salesman, but sources tell me that he could be on a short leash.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”