way too early Field of 68 for 2021-22

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Xavier2005

way too early Field of 68 for 2021-22

Postby Xavier2005 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:49 pm

the preseason predictions for the field of 68 has just 4 BE teams. X is in as an 8 seed. Not a top 25 team. means little either way, still have to play the games lol
X-Expert

Re: way too early Field of 68 for 2021-22

Postby X-Expert » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:00 pm

Xavier2005 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:49 pm
the preseason predictions for the field of 68 has just 4 BE teams. X is in as an 8 seed. Not a top 25 team. means little either way, still have to play the games lol
This is the 3rd year in a row that they were pre-season picks for the NCAA tourney. Lets hope that this year is it.
gym from delhi

Postby gym from delhi » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:46 am

Ah.. the dreaded 8/9 game
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:10 am

X-Expert wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:00 pm
Xavier2005 wrote:
This is the 3rd year in a row that they were pre-season picks for the NCAA tourney. Lets hope that this year is it.
This team is loaded. They have an embarrassment of riches with most players being in the Top 100. The schedule isn't very robust either. Sneaking into the tourney isn't enough. X's brand can't be diminished any further. Hopefully, the three year program hangover ends this year. Bruiser Flint is watching with restless anticipation.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:55 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:10 am
X-Expert wrote:
Xavier2005 wrote:
This team is loaded. They have an embarrassment of riches with most players being in the Top 100. The schedule isn't very robust either. Sneaking into the tourney isn't enough. X's brand can't be diminished any further. Hopefully, the three year program hangover ends this year. Bruiser Flint is watching with restless anticipation.
Come to think of it, X's 2nd team would only be a 5-7 point dog to UC 1st. Projection:

Tandy
Kunkel
Stanley
Hunter
Caesar or Miles (wild card)

Christopher should put a 5 foot hourglass with sand running through it in Steele's office, after he wakes up from the dream that he is at X, and not BG.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:13 pm

So Anti, I think I get it. Christopher is the subject of the sentence, not Steele. The five foot hourglass is a threat prop used by the Wicked Witch in the Wiz of Oz. So you have Christopher waking up to realize he is no longer at BG, and then you have him putting Steele under the gun, as it were, of the five foot hourglass. Your posts, Anti, are always worth figuring out. But my final question is, what's the time frame of the hourglass?
In any event, I say you've come up with a really great funny scene. Does Christopher wear the Witch Hat when he places that five foot hourglass atop Seetle's desk? (Yes, I would shoot it that way. Needs strong scary music under.)
thecoach

Postby thecoach » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:07 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:10 am
X-Expert wrote:
Xavier2005 wrote:
What is Freemantle's injury that he's in a boot? Hopefully not a foot.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm

I don’t see how anyone can say that this team is “loaded” and mean that in a positive sense. Yes it’s loaded, it’s loaded with question marks. There are several players coming off of injuries. There is a question of leadership. The coaching is still a question. There are only 2 players that showed to be consistent last year, and both of them still have questions regarding either defense or staying healthy for the end of the season. There is still the hole in the middle to be filled.

Now, IF all those questions are answered in a positive sense, THEN they have a good chance of becoming a really good team. IF players can come back healthy, stay healthy, and shoot better than they have in the past. IF players don’t fade during February and March. IF the freshman from last year don’t get caught in the dreaded sophomore slump. IF X somehow figures out a way to control the defensive boards and not give up easy put backs. IF X can shot at least in the high 70’s % from the line.

After the way that this team has played over the last 3 seasons, they do not deserve any benefit of the doubt. They need to show it before we should expect it. I don’t care one bit what anyones recruiting rankings were. That don’t mean $hit anymore.
#WHYNOTX?
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:36 pm

edgecliff hall wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:13 pm
So Anti, I think I get it. Christopher is the subject of the sentence, not Steele. The five foot hourglass is a threat prop used by the Wicked Witch in the Wiz of Oz. So you have Christopher waking up to realize he is no longer at BG, and then you have him putting Steele under the gun, as it were, of the five foot hourglass. Your posts, Anti, are always worth figuring out. But my final question is, what's the time frame of the hourglass?
In any event, I say you've come up with a really great funny scene. Does Christopher wear the Witch Hat when he places that five foot hourglass atop Seetle's desk? (Yes, I would shoot it that way. Needs strong scary music under.)
Edgecliff,

As usual, even though I tried to post the message in code, you interpretation was spot on. Your question about the time frame of the hourglass is thought provoking as usual also. It is a pleasure to moderate a board with you as a contributor.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:55 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm
I don’t see how anyone can say that this team is “loaded” and mean that in a positive sense. Yes it’s loaded, it’s loaded with question marks. There are several players coming off of injuries. There is a question of leadership. The coaching is still a question. There are only 2 players that showed to be consistent last year, and both of them still have questions regarding either defense or staying healthy for the end of the season. There is still the hole in the middle to be filled.

Now, IF all those questions are answered in a positive sense, THEN they have a good chance of becoming a really good team. IF players can come back healthy, stay healthy, and shoot better than they have in the past. IF players don’t fade during February and March. IF the freshman from last year don’t get caught in the dreaded sophomore slump. IF X somehow figures out a way to control the defensive boards and not give up easy put backs. IF X can shot at least in the high 70’s % from the line.

After the way that this team has played over the last 3 seasons, they do not deserve any benefit of the doubt. They need to show it before we should expect it. I don’t care one bit what anyones recruiting rankings were. That don’t mean $hit anymore.
Agreed. It's sheer coincidence that the best teams are usually the ones with the highest ranked payers. I do agree that you need a good coach to make and go deep in the tourney. Fortunately, we have Coach Steele.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”