Class of 22

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer

Class of 22

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:11 pm

Thankfully, with an assist from AH, Tyrell Ward and Cam Craft signed their LOIs last night. I sent each of them the hilarious movie Weekend at Bernie's, and their parents told me they watched the whole movie and missed the game, thus signed their LOIs. They did ask me how it went. I asked them if they forgot that Frank Lloyd Wright of bball was the architect of X's offense, and said say no more.

Thankfully, they didn't ask me how many traditional low post scores X had. Courtesy of BOTP, I found it was was one. No, not seventeen, but one. No, not eleven, but one. I think if X had five 6'0ers playing, they still would have had about eight. One score in the post. I thought maybe Nunge, Hunter, and Miles all of a sudden got that disease a friend of my named Edward had, when he grew Scissor Hands. Had to stop playeing basketball, but was great at clipping bushes.

Nunge and Miles are a hair under 7'0", and had undersized guys guarding them. Yet......one bucket in the post. Is this a record? The team was 8-29 from threes though.

BTW, Coach keeps coming up with great motivational tactics. I heard Hunter wore some type of chain around his neck? Can anyone clarify what that symbolizes?

One more fact. Scruggs apparently, is one GJ away from 26, which I believe is the record. I think Tu may hold it. Congrats Scruggs! People can mock it all they want, but was winning the gold jersey, and then becoming MVP of the game a coincidence? I think not. Kudos Coach, and kudos Scrugs!!!
longliveskip

Re: Class of 22

Postby longliveskip » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 am

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:11 pm
Thankfully, with an assist from AH, Tyrell Ward and Cam Craft signed their LOIs last night. I sent each of them the hilarious movie Weekend at Bernie's, and their parents told me they watched the whole movie and missed the game, thus signed their LOIs. They did ask me how it went. I asked them if they forgot that Frank Lloyd Wright of bball was the architect of X's offense, and said say no more.

Thankfully, they didn't ask me how many traditional low post scores X had. Courtesy of BOTP, I found it was was one. No, not seventeen, but one. No, not eleven, but one. I think if X had five 6'0ers playing, they still would have had about eight. One score in the post. I thought maybe Nunge, Hunter, and Miles all of a sudden got that disease a friend of my named Edward had, when he grew Scissor Hands. Had to stop playeing basketball, but was great at clipping bushes.

Nunge and Miles are a hair under 7'0", and had undersized guys guarding them. Yet......one bucket in the post. Is this a record? The team was 8-29 from threes though.

BTW, Coach keeps coming up with great motivational tactics. I heard Hunter wore some type of chain around his neck? Can anyone clarify what that symbolizes?

One more fact. Scruggs apparently, is one GJ away from 26, which I believe is the record. I think Tu may hold it. Congrats Scruggs! People can mock it all they want, but was winning the gold jersey, and then becoming MVP of the game a coincidence? I think not. Kudos Coach, and kudos Scrugs!!!
stas have them as 8-27 from 3. don't try to make it worse than what it was. ;)
Anti-Homer

Re: Class of 22

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:10 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 am
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:11 pm

stas have them as 8-27 from 3. don't try to make it worse than what it was. ;)
Good catch. I will say as a small consolation, many of the treys were actually decent, in rhythm shots. However, when you have an advantage in the post, including with the bigger guards like Jones and Scruggs, perhaps exploit that advantage? Food for thought.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”