Question for Mods or those in the know

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-Expert

Question for Mods or those in the know

Postby X-Expert » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:37 pm

I know they give a gold jersey to those who have the best practice but I heard there were other practice awards that earn players playing time. I figure the Mods would know this -musmieman, Anti-homer and other mods or anyone please chime in. Go X
Anti-Homer

Re: Question for Mods or those in the know

Postby Anti-Homer » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:11 pm

It's actually Mman's shift, but I'm the Mod on call, and he said he couldn't monitor the board b/c of an emergency. Little did I know it was b/c AMC is playing a 24 hr marathon of the delightful Angela Landsbury's "Murder She Wrote." Here they are (unofficial interpretation):

Gold Jerseys: Given to the player who practices their dad gum rears off in practice.

Junkyard Dog Chain: Those who give the greatest effort during a game.

Teal Jersey: Those who jumps off the bench the fastest and jumps in the air after a made basket.

I don't know if there are more, and yes, I used to mock them a little, which was childish. However, anything that can motivate this team to hit above the Mendoza Line, and avoid the dubious Tay Baker distinction is fine by me.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:55 pm

Temptations to match up to Anti with smart dog punch lines and loopy sarcasms is running at an all-time high. Engecliff Hall must control himself. This is no place for an amateur.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:24 pm

another question, as I have been busier than norm at work and feel I am falling behind on my Muskies. I have heard feed back on most of the newer players but not much regarding Fr. Elijah Tucker. Any scoop on this young man, how he is blending in, and whether they might redshirt him? Thanks all
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:13 pm

He will be red shirted.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:00 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:13 pm
He will be red shirted.
Are you speculating, or do you know this with your inside info? If Stanley and Free come back healthy soon as expected, I would prefer he does, because it will be a wasted year otherwise.
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:00 pm
skyhops wrote:
He will be red shirted.
Are you speculating, or do you know this with your inside info? If Stanley and Free come back healthy soon as expected, I would prefer he does, because it will be a wasted year otherwise.
It’s not “inside” information. Steele has said that is what happening many times. I read it on Cincinnati.com and elsewhere too.
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:51 pm

I agree, I thought it was pretty much confirmed unless their are injuries.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:19 pm

Thx for update, agree it will be nice if we can redshirt and season Tucker. Anyone get a glimpse of him at practice to see if he looks as billed.? ( I may be asking too much here) Cesare looked like he belongs in the run he got out there today. A bit raw but the tools and desire seem to be solid..!
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:08 pm

kyzrex wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:54 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:00 pm
skyhops wrote:
He will be red shirted.
It’s not “inside” information. Steele has said that is what happening many times. I read it on Cincinnati.com and elsewhere too.
You're right. I was thinking of Edwards.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”