Marquette is a ?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Marquette is a ?

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:36 pm

They beat Illinois, Old Miss, and West Virginia(by 11) all in a row and then lose to the Bonnies. I know last year the Bonnies had a great year (and I am happy for Mark) and that they return everyone but 70-54?

As a slide note to all those X fans that think X should play dayton they are 1-3 with losses to Austin Peay, Lipscomb (by 19) and Massachusetts-Lowell.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Re: Marquette is a ?

Postby longliveskip » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:56 pm

UD is a trainwreck. i am always on the side of playing them because i love the atmosphere of the game itself. yes, it would be WAY MORE beneficial to them than us, especially this year, but they may take a couple years to get good again.

I watched Marq/Bonnies. Bonnies are FUN to watch. they are going to win the A10 this year. may not lose a game in the league if they stay healthy. they are legit. Marquette just looked bad and Bonnies looked GREAT. kind of a perfect storm. Shaka got T'd when they were down 10-12 points and then instead of his team responding, it went the other way.

Marq will be good. definitely will finish higher in the league than they were voted.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:32 pm

I had seen a couple of Marquette's games and couldn't fathom them getting beat so badly by the Bonnies. I missed their game and was wondering. In fact, I was in ESPN scores and it still had Marquette with no losses. I always said Mark is the real deal as a coach because it is a wonder he can get a steady stream of good players in Olean. And Shaka with hair is just wrong. :D
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
JTG

Postby JTG » Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm

They're a victim of too many big games in 7 days. Il, WV, Miss, St B all in 7 days? That's asking a lot of a team. They were bound to be worn down. They'll be fine. Shaka has em rolling.
tacitus

Postby tacitus » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:53 am

JTG wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:15 pm
They're a victim of too many big games in 7 days. Il, WV, Miss, St B all in 7 days? That's asking a lot of a team. They were bound to be worn down. They'll be fine. Shaka has em rolling.
They are playing a very tough NC schedule. UCLA is clearly a title contender, and the Bonnies and Illinois could make a deep run in March. Most of the rest will be competing for an at-large bid all season. If Marquette gets through that schedule with only 2-3 losses, they could probably go sub .500 in the Big East and still get into the tournament.
Let's March!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”