Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Anti-Homer
Posts: 6029
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:44 pm

I just hope X has one more yr before Jones goes to The League.
skyhops
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:55 pm

Nice comeback! Why is Hunter taking another bad three pointer on a fast break? He should never shoot a three again. Our key is Nunge and playing some defense. Scruggs took another three way to early.
skyhops
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:15 pm

How can you come out this flat? Scruggs 1/10
Anti-Homer
Posts: 6029
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:16 pm

skyhops wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:55 pm
Nice comeback! Why is Hunter taking another bad three pointer on a fast break? He should never shoot a three again. Our key is Nunge and playing some defense. Scruggs took another three way to early.
Scruggs singlehandedly helped Iowa St build the 2nd half lead. Has air -balled about 4 close shots, getting beaten like a drum on D. Worst 150 seconds of his X career. Paging Kyky Tandy!!!!
skyhops
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Not to mention not having Nunge in the game and allowing Hunter to continue to shoot 3's. Scruggs play has been terrible. He defense has been worse and he is 1/11. Why in the work are we not getting Jones more looks? A nine point turnaround to begin the first half is also a coaching issue.
User avatar
muskieman
Posts: 23915
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:16 pm
skyhops wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:55 pm
Nice comeback! Why is Hunter taking another bad three pointer on a fast break? He should never shoot a three again. Our key is Nunge and playing some defense. Scruggs took another three way to early.
Scruggs singlehandedly helped Iowa St build the 2nd half lead. Has air -balled about 4 close shots, getting beaten like a drum on D. Worst 150 seconds of his X career. Paging Kyky Tandy!!!!
take a shot to your nuts and see how well you play
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 6029
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Hunter has only taken four threes. I fully expect Steele to draw up more treys for him. Law of averages thing he so firmly believes in. Need someone from the bench to call Wes Miller for an adjustment here.
Anti-Homer
Posts: 6029
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:53 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:23 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:16 pm
skyhops wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:55 pm
Nice comeback! Why is Hunter taking another bad three pointer on a fast break? He should never shoot a three again. Our key is Nunge and playing some defense. Scruggs took another three way to early.
Scruggs singlehandedly helped Iowa St build the 2nd half lead. Has air -balled about 4 close shots, getting beaten like a drum on D. Worst 150 seconds of his X career. Paging Kyky Tandy!!!!
take a shot to your nuts and see how well you play
He's trending on Iowa State's board as their MVP up to this point.
skyhops
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm

MM, if he is hurt take him out.
skyhops
Posts: 3088
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:28 pm

Scruggs is a liability in the game right now. And Travis has one TO left? Terrible. Bye bye top 25

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests