Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Iowa State game thread 11/24/2021

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:48 pm

Poor Paul even his layups can't fall.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 pm

Iowa state is shooting like X did last game and they play D like they were born playing it. Nunge is the star for X but they need more Jones and Paul and Nate are no shows
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Down 14 and he has Odom and Miles in. Wes Miller is smiling.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm

X-spozed
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:57 pm

We have just rolled over against a mediocre team. I've never seen a first player like Scruggs play so poorly. Travis was out coached in every aspect of the game especially on defense. We were not prepared and look lifeless. The only time that Steele has been ranked in his tenure has been in Nov/Dec. This loss is unacceptable and this was another lousy coaching effort. Any coach that allows Hunter to shoot 3's is over his head.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm
X-spozed
Brings in the best tree point shooter other than Jonhson down 13 with 2:28. That's like calling the paramedic 13 minutes after someone stops breathing. BTW, who won the GJ this week?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:06 pm

Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm
X-lucidity wrote:
X-spozed
Brings in the best tree point shooter other than Jonhson down 13 with 2:28. That's like calling the paramedic 13 minutes after someone stops breathing. BTW, who won the GJ this week?
I was impressed with the best Three (Not Tree) point shooters, your words, D. Never bent his knees once. I guess standing tall is the new D. I also noticed his teammates don't seem to trust him but then all of them lost tonight and State was the better team on D and O. Best way to win is great D and decent O.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:23 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:06 pm
Anti-Homer wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:01 pm
X-lucidity wrote:
X-spozed
I was impressed with the best Three (Not Tree) point shooters, your words, D. Never bent his knees once. I guess standing tall is the new D. I also noticed his teammates don't seem to trust him but then all of them lost tonight and State was the better team on D and O. Best way to win is great D and decent O.
Muskieman,

My grammar is far from perfect, but you are the king on run on sentences and circular logic. Your spelling is also atrocious. Spoiler alert? Nah, any 3rd grader who reads any ten random posts of yours would see that. I did hear Steele is going to punish the players. Instead of five flavors during movie night at the hotel, he is only going to offer four. Also, they will only watch two Home Alone movies tonight, instead of three. Any idea who won the teal colored jersey tonight? Who got the Junkyard dog chain? Is he going to cancel Smore's Tuesday this week? I also heard instead of 500 water baloons for the fight tonight, he is only going to give them 490.

He just threw the team under the bus during the JV post game show. Funny, he never talked about a lack of coaching strategy & execution. Random thought: Does Sean Miller want to coach again? Oddly, I'm starting to think he was completely framed, and is not a horrible human being. #Daddyinlawmakesmeteflon.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:27 pm

skyhops wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:57 pm
We have just rolled over against a mediocre team. I've never seen a first player like Scruggs play so poorly. Travis was out coached in every aspect of the game especially on defense. We were not prepared and look lifeless. The only time that Steele has been ranked in his tenure has been in Nov/Dec. This loss is unacceptable and this was another lousy coaching effort. Any coach that allows Hunter to shoot 3's is over his head.
I think Iowa State is actually a good looking team, but when you have one coach playing chess and the other Connect Four, the task of winning becomes much easier. Christopher still hasn't awakened from his nightmare that he is now at X, and not still at BG. I think Steele will only get 3-8 more years. For the love of God, I've endured the Bengals. What have I done to deserve this?
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:36 pm

Keep in mind, X barely beat Niagara and were down big vs Kent St. OSU game was solid and Norfolk St is just bad. All I heard in the beginning of the year was how deep this team is and how they have nine (I believe) players who came out of high school as top 150 players. Who knows what the problem is but personally, would have loved to see some changes. Perhaps extend the zone-just try something different. It's early and maybe Steele can figure this out but based on the last three years, I have zero expectations. I only hope that i'm surprised come Selection Sunday.

To the Mods-AH. Muskieman (and anyone else)-any updates on recruiting next year-particularly any real bigs. I know they have two good guards but hoping they have a legit big. Nunge is a very good player and with Freemantle, they will be decent at that position but they will be Jr's. AH/MM let me know.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”