here we go. (News)

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

here we go. (News)

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:23 pm

from twitter
UConnReport
@UConnReport
Breaking: Hearing from source multiple UConn Men's Basketball players and a member of coaching staff tested positive for COVID.
Working to better understand if Xavier and Butler game are in jeopardy under newest COVID Big East policy updates. #UConnNation #UConn

Remember they need 7 player and a coach
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: here we go. (News)

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:19 pm

The NCAA is among the organizations that have spoken to CDC about shortening isolation periods.

Five days and a negative antigen test vs. 10 days would help limit CBB schedule disruptions as omicron cases rise.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:11 pm

to be fair, If the BE can not reschedule the UConn at X game, if it is canceled, then UConn should have to play the second game at Cintas
Xavier2005

strong possibiity of being cancelled CONN

Postby Xavier2005 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:07 pm

i called the X office....nothing official as of 2pm Monday BUT there is a strong possibility that Conn game is not going to be played on Tuesday...maybe re scheduled.
oldhoopster

Postby oldhoopster » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:11 pm

I vote for a day/night doubleheader.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:36 pm

oldhoopster wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:11 pm
I vote for a day/night doubleheader.
LOL as Xavier 2005 would type.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:51 pm

Interesting from a UConn beat writer.

David Borges
@DaveBorges
Hurley says Big East wanted "a ton of information ... we tried, in every way possible, to convince them we were below the threshold of available players."

Some talk that Hurley didn't want to play the X game short-handed. Didn't provide names of those with Covid.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:05 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:51 pm

David Borges
@DaveBorges
Hurley says Big East wanted "a ton of information ... we tried, in every way possible, to convince them we were below the threshold of available players."

Some talk that Hurley didn't want to play the X game short-handed. Didn't provide names of those with Covid.
Coward
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:00 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:51 pm

David Borges
@DaveBorges

Nothing I despise more than a nice conspiracy theory. However, it does make you pause when it comes from your own beat writer. Say want you want about MY coach, but Steele would never back down from a team, no matter how shorthanded.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”