Keep fingers crossed

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Keep fingers crossed

Postby muskieman » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:36 pm

No fuzz tongue I was talking about the news that just came out today that Xavier MBB received permission from the Big East office to add a non-conference game. Unfortunately, the big east acting with the speed of the federal government taking their sweet old time blew the chance that Xavier had scheduling a game for Tuesday against South Carolina State. The Big East schedulers have been a disaster

And as Adam Baum tweeted
35m
Replying to
@AdamJBaum
I think everyone hopes we see a full 20-game Big East schedule this season, but the fact that the Big East gave Xavier permission to do this means we may not see that happen. Unfortunately, it depends entirely on the pandemic and how it affects BE teams going forward.

BTW the 5 star your astute son was talking about is a very big shot n the dark and even though X has a chance the real question would be does X want to risk it!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:52 pm

muskieman wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:36 pm
No fuzz tongue I was talking about the news that just came out today that Xavier MBB received permission from the Big East office to add a non-conference game. Unfortunately, the big east acting with the speed of the federal government taking their sweet old time blew the chance that Xavier had scheduling a game for Tuesday against South Carolina State. The Big East schedulers have been a disaster

And as Adam Baum tweeted
35m
Replying to
@AdamJBaum
I think everyone hopes we see a full 20-game Big East schedule this season, but the fact that the Big East gave Xavier permission to do this means we may not see that happen. Unfortunately, it depends entirely on the pandemic and how it affects BE teams going forward.

BTW the 5 star your astute son was talking about is a very big shot n the dark and even though X has a chance the real question would be does X want to risk it!
This is the big news that I havent slept in two days for?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:04 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:52 pm
muskieman wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:36 pm

And as Adam Baum tweeted
35m
Replying to
@AdamJBaum

This is the big news that I havent slept in two days for?
Come on you know what hype is. The Real story is how crappy the BE is in scheduling or rescheduling these postponed games. Somehow to have to believe that Stu Jackson is not earning is pay. They have rescheduled GT but none are X against someone. 17 days in the middle of a season when a team is healthy is insane
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:49 am

The excuses are all ready beginning.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm

To show how inept the BE is
Independent college basketball writer
Jaden Daly tweeted
@DalyDoseOfHoops
Rick Pitino: “We’re trying right now (to add a non-conference game). It’ll be exciting if we can put it together, and it’ll be a Top 25 team. We called Kentucky, we called Duke, we called UCLA before they went on pause, we called Cincinnati, we called Xavier.” #ICMBB

I know X wants a game but not Iona and Pitino. I also can't see Iona playing UK
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:52 pm

muskieman wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm
Jaden Daly tweeted
@DalyDoseOfHoops
Rick Pitino: “We’re trying right now (to add a non-conference game). It’ll be exciting if we can put it together, and it’ll be a Top 25 team. We called Kentucky, we called Duke, we called UCLA before they went on pause, we called Cincinnati, we called Xavier.” #ICMBB

We struck out on getting another game. Question: if all postponed games are rescheduled would we be allowed to add an extra game. Wouldn’t that exceed the NCAA allowed number of games?
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:15 pm

olsingledigit wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:52 pm
muskieman wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:56 pm
Jaden Daly tweeted
@DalyDoseOfHoops

We struck out on getting another game. Question: if all postponed games are rescheduled would we be allowed to add an extra game. Wouldn’t that exceed the NCAA allowed number of games?
IF X played all 20 BE games they would not be allowed any other games because max is 31, which is why it looks like X will not get all 20 games. There are just not enough opening dates to use. Of course, this presents the problem of taking 17 days out of a schedule. So what happens with a canceled Butler game? Butler had their game canceled at UConn by there is word that Butler had had some covid concerns and in this environment safe one day doesn't mean safe the next day. Colleges have had rules about vaccinations for everyone on campus but that has not stopped the problem. Then there are teams like UConn with injury problems and they "have covid" instead of playing short-handed.

And then there is X which hasn't been able to play any games for 17 days so how well oiled can they be, sure Free has had more chance to recover but not playing games doesn't give a player great game speed or condition. We will see how the time off affects X. If they don't play Butler it would be 21-22 days off and a home game against Nova. Why to play a season.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”