Bearcats vs Crimson Tide

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
joeabe

Bearcats vs Crimson Tide

Postby joeabe » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:47 pm

I know this is off topic but let's pick sides here....My dad played football at UC back in late 30's early 40's. My daughter was a member of the Alabama Crimson Tide dance team and of course I am a Xavier guy....So, like most of us never had a great love for UC. But, I must say they have done an unbelievable job the past several seasons and I'm happy for them. However, I'm going with Bama on this one.
gym from delhi

Re: Bearcats vs Crimson Tide

Postby gym from delhi » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:36 pm

I feel for you Joe, as I watched numerous XU-UC FB games growing up, and never got over the apparent scorn and smugness of many UC fans. I believe X actually beat them more than they lost in the 60's and early 70's. Be that as it may I'm hoping that they win it all, especially given their opponents.
X-Expert

Postby X-Expert » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:34 am

joeabe wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:47 pm
I know this is off topic but let's pick sides here....My dad played football at UC back in late 30's early 40's. My daughter was a member of the Alabama Crimson Tide dance team and of course I am a Xavier guy....So, like most of us never had a great love for UC. But, I must say they have done an unbelievable job the past several seasons and I'm happy for them. However, I'm going with Bama on this one.
I am not rooting for UC but get your dilemma. If i had a child that went there, it may be different. Until 3 years ago, i and my son did not like OSU. He is now a junior there and we both love OSU. That said, i always remember my UC buddies sending me many text messages the night when Wisconsin hit the shot in the NCAA tourney. All in good fun but that keeps me from ever rooting for UC. Roll Tide
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Seriously, did anyone expect anything different? I actually thought UC would get a late score to cover. They're lucky Bama took their foot off the pedal or it would have been uglier. It was a homicide. Bodies should have been removed before our appetizer came. UC has a very solid football team, but wouldn't finish in the top 4 in the SEC. No shame in that. Neither would Michigan.
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:07 pm

ROLL TIDE!!!

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”