DeCoursey's first bracket

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

DeCoursey's first bracket

Postby muskieman » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:00 pm

Five seed X out west against 12 seed Memphis or Louisville
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
gym from delhi

Re: DeCoursey's first bracket

Postby gym from delhi » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:55 pm

Louisville a 12? Oh please
JTG

Postby JTG » Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:18 pm

muskieman wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:00 pm
Five seed X out west against 12 seed Memphis or Louisville
That makes sense, send 3 teams from a 150 mile radius in the South/ Midwest out West.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:00 am

I’ll wait to look at the brackets once we win a BE road game that has been elusive to Travis
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:43 am

skyhops wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:00 am
I’ll wait to look at the brackets once we win a BE road game that has been elusive to Travis
Elusive, X has only played one road game against the BE this year. As for a road game win in the Big East did St Johns, Georgetown, Seton Hall, DePaul somehow not join the BE until this year?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:01 am

Travis is under .500 in his career in BE, which is why we have not made the tourney touring his tenure. Reasonable to request. I could care less what the other teams do, good try though.
AirJordan

Postby AirJordan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:37 am

skyhops wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:00 am
Makes sense to wait. Its a bit early to worry about March Madness brackets. Hopefully, the debacle on the Main Line will end up having a positive effect on this team. Progress, which I think we can all agree has been evident this year, seldom moves linearly. It is often marked by ups and downs. We saw the improvement but Nova was, without question, a downer. If that performance causes all our veteran players to look in the mirror and assess their own play, maybe it results in more focus, more aggressiveness and more determination going forward. Anyway, that is the way I choose to view the last couple of weeks.

I'm going to be watching for clues this Friday against Butler.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:51 am

these brackets are about as useful or meaningful as a poopy flavored lollipop. we know where we are at right now. we know if the tourney started today we'd be IN which is really all that matters. why do i care if one pundit puts us as a 5 seed in the west and another gives us a 4 in the south or even another thinks we are a 7 in the east? it doesn't MATTER at all.

you know what matters - WINNING ON FRIDAY. that's it. that's all that matters.

LET''S GO!
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:04 am

longliveskip wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:51 am
these brackets are about as useful or meaningful as a poopy flavored lollipop. we know where we are at right now. we know if the tourney started today we'd be IN which is really all that matters. why do i care if one pundit puts us as a 5 seed in the west and another gives us a 4 in the south or even another thinks we are a 7 in the east? it doesn't MATTER at all.

you know what matters - WINNING ON FRIDAY. that's it. that's all that matters.

LET''S GO!
Pundits don't vote for seeding in the Tourney, just like MM fans that make comments that we will not or will make the tourney, but we have nothing to talk about because we have not played a game since Dec 21. I personally know Mike D because he use to live close to me but even then we would argue how much pundits' opinions were worth.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:09 am

i agree. and i love Mike and wasn't necessarily trying to denounce his bracket or say it's wrong. sort of speaking in generalities about all college bball writers and where they think we would be in the bracket right now.

and you're also right about the fact that being on a pause leaves little for discussion on here, although it seems Steele, with this pause, has taken that opportunity to recruit a bit so maybe we are winning on that end with this pause.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”