New Policy at Cintas

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Jesseandrippers

Re: New Policy at Cintas

Postby Jesseandrippers » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:21 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:12 am
From Xavier

"all guests age 12 and older entering the Cintas Center will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test result within 72 hours of entry. Fans also will be required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event, unless actively eating or drinking."

Ridiculous and reactive policy that does little to keep people safe. The only potential upside is a few more people may get vaccinated but it is likely that most people have already made their choice. What makes this unenforceable is they are going to expect the people at the door to opine on what qualifies as evidence of a test or vaccination.
XU2011

Postby XU2011 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 pm

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:21 pm
muskieman wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:12 am
From Xavier

"all guests age 12 and older entering the Cintas Center will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test result within 72 hours of entry. Fans also will be required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event, unless actively eating or drinking."

Ridiculous and reactive policy that does little to keep people safe. The only potential upside is a few more people may get vaccinated but it is likely that most people have already made their choice. What makes this unenforceable is they are going to expect the people at the door to opine on what qualifies as evidence of a test or vaccination.
Yeah…just show them something and “humor them”. Once inside conform to the mask mandate the same way it’s been adhered to all season to date (i.e. ignore it).
bluegrass

Postby bluegrass » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:54 am

I'm vaccinated and will show my card tonight. And I had covid last week. I'm curious to see how they enforce the masks and to see how many people will be there.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:31 pm

While there is a valid point about getting covid and spreading it while vaccinated. The recovery time/transmission time is lessoned by the vaccine.

I canceled plans to attend an X game while in the area prior to the vaccine requirement and knowing family was at high risk. Masks do absolutely nothing in a stadium environment when it is both not enforced and allows for unmasking while eating/drinking.

Not sure if my plans would definitely have changed with a vaccine policy in place but I would have given it more consideration knowing that transmission probability lessons with the vaccine. If family was not at high risk, I would go regardless of policy but vaccine requirements is the better policy.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”