New Policy at Cintas

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

New Policy at Cintas

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:12 am

From Xavier

"all guests age 12 and older entering the Cintas Center will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test result within 72 hours of entry. Fans also will be required to wear a mask throughout the duration of the event, unless actively eating or drinking."
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Cintas new rules may slow the lines and you might not get in

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:13 am

Xavier just sent out new rules for getting in to the Cintas for any event/game . YOU, everyone (kids??) must show a picture ID, proof of being fully vaccinated or a recent test of NO positivity, must wear a MASK at ALL times(except when eating or drinking), etc this may slow the lines getting in while checking for all this. the real trick is how do they figure a kids age???? with no picture ID etc.
XU2011

Re: New Policy at Cintas

Postby XU2011 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:44 pm

People in academia …”virtue signaling” to their peers in academia at the expense of the customer experience.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:10 pm

CDC recent guidance for testing; "as noted in the labeling for authorized over-the-counter antigen tests external icon: Negative results should be treated as presumptive. Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoVid-2 infection"

"The test themselves state: "A NEGATIVE result will show ONLY a C line. A negative result means that viral antigens from COVID-19 were not detected and that the individual is presumed negative forCOVID-19." So we are presuming things now

JUST REMEMBER SHUT UP and SHOW YOUR CARD

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-blo ... and%20work.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:14 pm

i somehow get the feeling that this policy is going to upset some season ticket holders.

i don't know the right answer to all of this except that ever since a vaccine came out, we've basically become exactly what i thought would happen - a country of vaxxed people vs unvaxxed people.

i guess if you don't like the policy or you don't wanna get vaxed, the easy solution for you is you don't get to go. if going to a Xavier game means that much to you, then get vaxed/get tested, and wear a mask. those choices don't really seem too difficult to make.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:31 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:14 pm
i somehow get the feeling that this policy is going to upset some season ticket holders.

i don't know the right answer to all of this except that ever since a vaccine came out, we've basically become exactly what i thought would happen - a country of vaxxed people vs unvaxxed people.

i guess if you don't like the policy or you don't wanna get vaxed, the easy solution for you is you don't get to go. if going to a Xavier game means that much to you, then get vaxed/get tested, and wear a mask. those choices don't really seem too difficult to make.
I agree we don't know the right answers but the choice o getting vaxxed or not IS really a difficult choice. The vaxxed should not be made out to be someone without sense. As for difficult choices might want to ask families who have had someone in the family die from the vaccine because of pericarditis or myocarditis. I have had pericarditis and I will tell you it was no fun. For the first 3-4 months they thought I would probably die but I am just too ornery of an old man. I didn't get it from the vax but when I found out after getting all the covid shots you can get it shook me. Considering you can get covid and give covid even if you are vaxxed and testing doesn't mean you cannot give or get it no wonder some people are reluctant. Also considering that at present the omicron is such a mild strain and Delta appears to be lessening what do we have to fear.... oh yes, IHU is another COVID-19 variant, this one with 46 mutations was just identified in France... and the dance just keeps going.

We should not be making vaxxed or unvaxxed people at odds with each other. The next thing will be, did you get the flu shot or are you a flu denier. Just remember that guy or gals sitting next to you at Cintas wearing a mask could still give you Covid. Life is full of risks and then you die
xuman87

Postby xuman87 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:58 am

The problem with the new policy, which is to supposedly promote a safe environment, is this: only requiring proof of vaccination does nothing, since vaccinated people can and do have COVID and can/do transmit it. So, you require negative tests from unvaxxed, but have no concerns about vaxxed people. If this policy were truly about promoting safety, and not merely saying "look what good citizens Xavier's admin is", they would require a negative test result from ALL people coming to the game. They will obviously not do this, as it is not logistically reasonable, and "influential donors" will not tolerate it. Time to live with this - if you want to go, you should be able to; if you don't want to go, then don't - vaccination status should have no impact on these decisions.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:13 am

xuman87 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:58 am
The problem with the new policy, which is to supposedly promote a safe environment, is this: only requiring proof of vaccination does nothing, since vaccinated people can and do have COVID and can/do transmit it. So, you require negative tests from unvaxxed, but have no concerns about vaxxed people. If this policy were truly about promoting safety, and not merely saying "look what good citizens Xavier's admin is", they would require a negative test result from ALL people coming to the game. They will obviously not do this, as it is not logistically reasonable, and "influential donors" will not tolerate it. Time to live with this - if you want to go, you should be able to; if you don't want to go, then don't - vaccination status should have no impact on these decisions.
not to mention you could have a negative test and come to Cintas and could test positive. Last night at the BARN the crowd was not masked so will X players suddenly come down with Covid in the next couple of days? I bet no "expert" could say for sure. Policies like X are mostly for show and they use to teach critical thinking.
XU2011

Postby XU2011 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:41 pm

xuman87 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:58 am
Exactly, and I hope it’s not tolerated. This is “feel good nonsense” that does nothing to keep anyone from getting sick….virtue signaling they call it.

The spin the AD had to try and put on this in the announcement was embarrassing. They think no one sees through stunts like this.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:17 pm

I am firmly in the Vax camp, and believe science validates it affords me a level of protection relative to the unvaxxed. I also believe I don't have the right to tell anyone to get vaxxed, until it becomes a true, public health crisis, which I don't believe has, especially with the less, pathogenic Omicron variant. I see nothing wrong with requiring masking, even though it has not proven to hinder transmissibility very much. I also agree with the point that if universal safety was the goal, both the vaxxed and unvaxxed should have to show a negative test. Unfortunately, many of these tests aren't very accurate, so having a negative test is of relative value.

The worst side is both sides have politicized this to the point where the goal seems to be to win the argument, and not work together to come up with genuine solutions. Hopefully, we can develop herd immunity sometime this year so the former becomes a moot point.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”