Beat Nova game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Beat Nova game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:14 pm

pdxmuskie wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:12 pm
Free should never shoot a 3. He doesn't have the range. He should get pulled immediately unless shot clock is below 5.
that is not his biggest problem, he has missed too many at the rim shots. Last one he should have dunked. 1-5, 1-6 and 1-7 from three muskies is not a good stat line.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:17 pm

Missed close shots is also an issue but close shots are not always easy. Contested shots from 3 feet can be quite difficult. He can easily eliminate shooting deep from his arsenal. Defense is also a huge concern. I would be ok if Free sat the rest of the game or season.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:21 pm

Samuels finally got his 5th foul, a shame it wasn't on Dixon. Last 4-minute war X needs to win by at least a 5 point margin
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:23 pm

Love how they keep showing the same nerds on TV
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:28 pm

Will they ever call Gillespie for an offensive foul?
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:39 pm

man Moore drives and draws a foul so much but when he slaps at the ball on jones no call
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 pm

WOW, a shot here or a shot there and who knows. At least they didn't give up. Next time close to the basket dunk the ball big guys. Eric Dixon is the star of the game for Nova. Played much bigger than he is and never met an Offensive rebound he could not put back for a score.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 pm

That was a coaching loss. The reason I say that is that X let this get out of control late in the first half because they played desperate. Chucking 3 after 3 trying to get it all back with each possession rather than playing controlled and trusting they were the better team.

TS should have called a TO, calmed the team down and insure they understood that playing for good close shots was the best path. Also informing specific players that they should not shoot the 3.

Additionally, the officials were waiting to call fouls all game. Taking the ball to the rim was generating fouls and could have resulted in many Nova players leaving the game. Every bad 3 was worse than a turnover as it was a lost opportunity to draw a foul.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:49 pm

Happy they showed some grit and battled back. Should generate a bit of confidence come conf tournament time.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:49 pm

pdxmuskie wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:46 pm
That was a coaching loss. The reason I say that is that X let this get out of control late in the first half because they played desperate. Chucking 3 after 3 trying to get it all back with each possession rather than playing controlled and trusting they were the better team.

TS should have called a TO, calmed the team down and insure they understood that playing for good close shots was the best path. Also informing specific players that they should not shoot the 3.

Additionally, the officials were waiting to call fouls all game. Taking the ball to the rim was generating fouls and could have resulted in many Nova players leaving the game. Every bad 3 was worse than a turnover as it was a lost opportunity to draw a foul.

or if Colby and Zach shoot better than 2-15. BTW no one shot the three worse than Jones but I didn't hear anyone tell Gillespie to stop shooting the 3s on the Nova side.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”