The following was in the StL paper today
Nate Latsch of Billikenreport.com tells us that the St. Louis U. basketball staff hosted an official recruiting visit for Ohio forward Jonathan Smith last weekend. Smith attended the Lil Wayne concert at Chaifetz Arena with current SLU players. Xavier is also in the running for Smith. SLU has another potential recruit on campus this weekend in power forward Matt Read from Collin County Community College in Plano, Texas.
Jonathan Smith update
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
-
sash19
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jonathan Smith update
Gundun:
That is just the STL paper trying to make their recruiting look better. This kid is not even on the radar for X. He has no offer from what I know and I have never heard his named mentioned at all. Not sure where that bit of info came from for that reporter. He is a 2009 recruit and we have 2 (maybe 3) schollys. They will go to a combination of something like Kevin Parrom, Krlyl Nat..... and/or Chris Braswell. If we go past those three kids, there are about 20 other kids that would be at X before this kid would even get a call. This kid has NO interest from X..... Gotta love the Billiken press trying to make Rick's recruiting better than it is though......
That is just the STL paper trying to make their recruiting look better. This kid is not even on the radar for X. He has no offer from what I know and I have never heard his named mentioned at all. Not sure where that bit of info came from for that reporter. He is a 2009 recruit and we have 2 (maybe 3) schollys. They will go to a combination of something like Kevin Parrom, Krlyl Nat..... and/or Chris Braswell. If we go past those three kids, there are about 20 other kids that would be at X before this kid would even get a call. This kid has NO interest from X..... Gotta love the Billiken press trying to make Rick's recruiting better than it is though......
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jonathan Smith update
Sash,
Thanks for the update.
I never heard of him either. Was surprised to see the note in the paper and thought I would post it to get the REAL story.
Gosh, everyone in West Texas is excited about football and I can't wait for basketball. Folks think I am crazy.
Gun
ps: GO BROWNS!
Thanks for the update.
I never heard of him either. Was surprised to see the note in the paper and thought I would post it to get the REAL story.
Gosh, everyone in West Texas is excited about football and I can't wait for basketball. Folks think I am crazy.
Gun
ps: GO BROWNS!
-
sash19
- Posts: 40
- Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 pm
- Contact:
Re: Jonathan Smith update
gundun:
I stand corrected. His name has popped up but as a back up plan. He does not have an offer however. I spoke too soon.....
I stand corrected. His name has popped up but as a back up plan. He does not have an offer however. I spoke too soon.....
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 869 guests
