Page 1 of 1
Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:47 am
by Mr. Neutral
Yesterday's Chicago Sun-Times had Van Coleman's list (from Hoopmasters.com) of the top 100 HS in the class of '09. X targets (that we know about) showed up at-
#74 Chris Braswell
#78 Kyryl Natyazhko
#79 Kevin Parrom
#81 Ari Stewart
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:56 am
by muskieman
Is it written anywhere what is the criteria or analysis of how a guy get to #73 versus #84? Seems to me you "might" be able to say one guy is the best recruit from each position but there are so many variables to make that have any accuracy. This ranking system and the guys that do the ranking remind me of another profession......weather. Sure they are wrong 90% of the time(which might be conservative) but we tell ourselves that we need them.
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:57 am
by Mr. Neutral
Here's the link to the list, which also shows which schools are in the mix for a particular player-
http://www.hoopmasters.com/classranking.php
This site also shows X in the hunt for #39 Latavious Williams and #123 Jordan Williams.
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:03 am
by muskieman
Mr. Neutral wrote:Here's the link to the list, which also shows which schools are in the mix for a particular player-
http://www.hoopmasters.com/classranking.php
This site also shows X in the hunt for #39 Latavious Williams and #123 Jordan Williams.
I could not get that article....do you need to subscribe? Speaking of players with the name Jordan, where did Michael Jordan's son go to school or will go?
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:18 am
by Mr. Neutral
http://www.hoopmasters.com/index.php
I don't have a subscription, so try clicking on the above link, and then on the right hand side, where it says "Class of", hit "2009", and then choose "HS". That should take you to the list.
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:40 pm
by sash19
Mr. Neutral:
There is almost NO way that Latavious either:
1) got accepted at X, or
2) would graduate from X.
He is not the brightest bulb on the tree!!
X was the 1st school to offer him a few years ago and it stays on the recruiting sites since it looks good. I doubt the staff has talked to him in at least a year.
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm
by muskieman
Mr. Neutral wrote:http://www.hoopmasters.com/index.php
I don't have a subscription, so try clicking on the above link, and then on the right hand side, where it says "Class of", hit "2009", and then choose "HS". That should take you to the list.
Thanks, that worked. I was sad to see Xavier as the only A-10 school on the list of the top 100. Granted, I don't put much faith in any list but you would at least think that the A-10 would have a number of schools in that list of 2009 and only Dayton and Umass had one player each for 2010. Granted, I might have missed one of the schools but Xavier appears to be the only school from the A-10 which is consistently on multiple lists.
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:15 pm
by muskienick
#36 Aaric Murray 6'10" Center --- listed both St. Joe's and Temple
I thought it strange that neither Wake Forest nor Oregon were listed for Ari Stewart at #81.
Re: Van Coleman has X targets grouped together
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:44 pm
by muskieman
muskienick wrote:#36 Aaric Murray 6'10" Center --- listed both St. Joe's and Temple
I thought it strange that neither Wake Forest nor Oregon were listed for Ari Stewart at #81.
Like I said I might have missed one. It is a shame that there are so few and the kid has to be a PA player for St Joe's and Temple.