Page 1 of 1
Hope Wisexuowl got through Ike OK!
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:32 pm
by Masterofreality
Just thinking of Wise, a Houston area resident.
Hope you and yours are OK, my friend!!
Re: Hope Wisexuowl got through Ike OK!
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:45 pm
by muskieman
Masterofreality wrote:Just thinking of Wise, a Houston area resident.
Hope you and yours are OK, my friend!!
I hope Wise was WISE and got to safe ground. As for Cincy the winds were really the strongest I have ever seen and the tree that are down in my neighborhood are some of the biggest and oldest, and it is sad to see them go.
Some areas look like a war zone. I was in Kenwood Sunday and the big building they are building at the Kenwood Towne Center had materials flying off it and the wind through the open floor areas sounded like a train.
I heard Cleveland got some wind. Power is off at my place and we can thank GOD that the weather is cool and dry today.
Much of the Duke energy crew is in or enroute to Texas and had to be called back. Winds hit high 70 and some spots 80 mph
Re: Hope Wisexuowl got through Ike OK!
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm
by Masterofreality
Why aren't we an disaster area? Every other freakin' county in the US is.
I'm convinced that Hurricane Ike re-formed over Lake Erie last night. I sat right in the damn eye at the Browns game.
Re: Hope Wisexuowl got through Ike OK!
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:49 am
by wkrq59

Woke up and couldn't sleep. Checked in here and realized I hadn't checked on Wise...Fired the Owl an email. Hope to hear back when I wake up today.
Been one hell of a 36 hours and we made it through pretty much unscathed, except for a25 hour power outage. Wife and I chatted by candlelight before bed after a delicious dinner of canned soups on our grill which somehow stayed in its place.
Re: Hope Wisexuowl got through Ike OK!
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:32 pm
by muskieman
Masterofreality wrote:Why aren't we an disaster area? Every other freakin' county in the US is.
I'm convinced that Hurricane Ike re-formed over Lake Erie last night. I sat right in the damn eye at the Browns game.
That eye must have moved quickly because Ohio was 0fer 3 this last weekend of major teams.