Who leaves? Who stays?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
longliveskip

Who leaves? Who stays?

Postby longliveskip » Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:11 am

So, what, if anything, has anyone heard on who will enter the portal and who will choose to stay with Sean. i've heard conflicting things but one inside source has told me that 100% these 3 are GONE:

Odom
Colby
Freemantle

(Kunkel was also mentioned but not as 100%)

not saying that this is 100% true but this comes a from a source inside the team so, take it for what it's worth. i'd really hate to lose ANYONE.

i love this team. but Sean will have some WORK to do in the portal if those 3/4 leave.

was kinda hoping this run may keep these dudes together but hey, they're all gonna do what they wanna do.

we shall see.
SC in DC

Re: Who leaves? Who stays?

Postby SC in DC » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:50 pm

That would SUCK!
xaviermuskie2003

Postby xaviermuskie2003 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:55 pm

I think Hayes gets the GA State job
joeabe

Postby joeabe » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:35 pm

You said " you heard conflicting stories" .....please explain?
JKC74

Postby JKC74 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:53 pm

All three of the mentioned players would be NUTS to leave XU; for what; a place on the bench of a bigger school!!!
DannyV76

Postby DannyV76 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:49 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:11 am
So, what, if anything, has anyone heard on who will enter the portal and who will choose to stay with Sean. i've heard conflicting things but one inside source has told me that 100% these 3 are GONE:

Odom
Colby
Freemantle

not saying that this is 100% true but this comes a from a source inside the team so, take it for what it's worth. i'd really hate to lose ANYONE.

i love this team. but Sean will have some WORK to do in the portal if those 3/4 leave.

was kinda hoping this run may keep these dudes together but hey, they're all gonna do what they wanna do.

we shall see.
I can confirm I got this exact same report right after the Florida game from a long conversation he had with the "inside the program" source
( it happened about 15 feet away from me). The only addendum to the Kunkel thing is NKU was mentioned.

With so many positive things that had gone on since the Wednesday before, I kind of filed that away as a rumor mill thing, but LLSkip's comments are almost verbatim on what I was told. Now having said that, he did end our conversation with a "who knows" for sure what will happen and I have to believe that Sean will at least have an opportunity to have some discussion with all of the players eligible to return.

One way or the other I look for the dominos to start falling as early as tomorrow.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:52 pm

longliveskip wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:11 am

Odom
Colby
Freemantle

we shall see.
I heard in mid-February that Jones and Free were gone. I didn't know about Odom, but nothing would surprise me. It happens with coaching changes. I saw some stat from a Twitter poster that SM at AZ had the 7th most NCAA wins during his time there. Remarkable, since he took over a program who has three coaches in the subsequent three years. Pretty damn good. I have no doubt he will recruit highly skilled players and have them playing at a very high level at X in no time.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:12 pm

I had heard Free, Jones, and Edwards especially if Hayes went to Georgia which could happen. Didn’t know about Odom and hopefully Miller can get he and Jones to stay. Free has played better with less minutes but he and his dad think he is better than he probably is. I trust Miller.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:24 pm

skyhops wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:12 pm
I had heard Free, Jones, and Edwards especially if Hayes went to Georgia which could happen. Didn’t know about Odom and hopefully Miller can get he and Jones to stay. Free has played better with less minutes but he and his dad think he is better than he probably is. I trust Miller.
Yes,

I too heard Edwards in January had to be convinced to stay on the team, and that he was talking about transferring. That is what happens when you are a high level recruit, at that time couldn't see the floor, despite Free being a net negative on the curt. Whether X had a coaching change or not, this team was going to blow up.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:56 pm

We can have Travis to thank for Edwards wanting to transfer.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”