Who leaves? Who stays?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
X-lucidity

Re: Who leaves? Who stays?

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:02 pm

Yes: blah blah, blah & some yada yada, yada to boot '2003. Now back to some entertaining b-ball banter. Should be an exciting week as we shore up our roster for Team 101..!
kyzrex

Postby kyzrex » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:17 pm

xaviermuskie2003 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:57 pm

Yet I'm the bad guy.
Not “bad”, just ANNOYING. You’re like the mother-in-law that never gives it a rest. Others have been just as annoying about other coaches here. They just waited until the coach had lost some games, at least.

Lighten up Francis
#WHYNOTX?
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:51 pm

Good point Kyzrez, you must have met my mother in law. Someone needs some new material.
xaviermuskie2003

Postby xaviermuskie2003 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:02 pm
Yes: blah blah, blah & some yada yada, yada to boot '2003. Now back to some entertaining b-ball banter. Should be an exciting week as we shore up our roster for Team 101..!
I see you didn't counter anything I said.

At least you recognize that you are a hypocrite.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:56 pm

Here's the deal '2003 and yes - there is an inherent "deal" here on this board. We are all proud X fans, many alums. The X basketball program is a source of joy and entertainment. Your opinion has been well stated. On this thread and several others. To the point of exhaustion. Yet your opinion is valid and respected. To date several other posters on this and other threads have even entered into an exchange of thoughts. Your opinion is shared by a decent segment of the fan base. At this point that is water over the damn. The hiring of Coach Miller, as opposed to hiring a different choice, is now clearly a fait accompli. Remember I spoke earlier of a "deal". That deal being, if a valued member of this Musketeer Madness board wishes to either opine on a thread in which the subject matter interests them or they have a thought or opinion to add, they then post it. If the thought or opinion they have has little to no relevance to a particular thread, then they initiate a new thread. Please note the heading on this thread: "Who leaves? Who stays?" How about you start a new thread titled, oh let's say, "Did X upset the basketball Gods by hiring Miller?" Or something to that ilk. If the topic has legs it will take off. You can ramble on to your heart's content. You may be pleasantly surprised at a) how many others agree b) how many chime in. Be a man eh- buck up and try to follow the board protocol dude.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:53 pm

xaviermuskie2003 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 pm
X-lucidity wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:02 pm
I see you didn't counter anything I said.

At least you recognize that you are a hypocrite.
i would think that you probably fit the definition of hypocrite as well because if you are of the belief that none of Sean's predecessors "cheated" (including himself when he was here), then you're completely naive. "not getting caught" and "not cheating" aren't mutually exclusive. and don't pull the "well nothing was brought up" or "no allegations were ever put against" argument for the previous coaches. here''s a newsflash for you on them: they just NEVER GOT CAUGHT.

i don't care what program it is, there are things happening behind the scenes that head coaches simply DON'T KNOW about and if that's Sean's biggest fault - that he didn't "create a culture of compliance" or whatever the heck the NCAA wants to call it, then so be it. he's learned from it. you would think having a Xavier JESUIT education would have at least gotten you to some point of "everybody deserves a second chance" type of attitude. apparently the things Sean supposedly did are unforgivable in your mind. heck the NCAA hasn't even RULED on what he's done/not done (even though the FBI CLEARED him of everything) and yet you're willing to completely throw him under the bus before this. isn't that a "guilty until proven innocent" kind of attitude?

just my take on all this. Xavier did their due diligence on this. Sean has PAID dearly already and is probably going to "pay" more when NCAA rules on it. he's not perfect. none of us are. but he's learned from this. i think you should, too.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:07 pm

Imagine what 2003 thinks of Mack speaking of cheaters
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:42 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:07 pm
Imagine what 2003 thinks of Mack speaking of cheaters
he sounds a lot like you
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:40 pm

Really MM? In what way? I had given Steele the benefit of doubt and then everything I said was true after his first year. I’m sorry if you and Travis broke up I’m always here for you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:34 pm

skyhops wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:40 pm
Really MM? In what way? I had given Steele the benefit of doubt and then everything I said was true after his first year. I’m sorry if you and Travis broke up I’m always here for you.
yeah, you never let a post go without a slam on Travis but more so your "love affair" with Chris because he stole your girlfriend
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”