Re: Who leaves? Who stays?

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:26 pm

xaviermuskie2003 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:15 pm
longliveskip wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:53 pm
xaviermuskie2003 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 pm

I see you didn't counter anything I said.

At least you recognize that you are a hypocrite.
i would think that you probably fit the definition of hypocrite as well because if you are of the belief that none of Sean's predecessors "cheated" (including himself when he was here), then you're completely naive. "not getting caught" and "not cheating" aren't mutually exclusive. and don't pull the "well nothing was brought up" or "no allegations were ever put against" argument for the previous coaches. here''s a newsflash for you on them: they just NEVER GOT CAUGHT.

i don't care what program it is, there are things happening behind the scenes that head coaches simply DON'T KNOW about and if that's Sean's biggest fault - that he didn't "create a culture of compliance" or whatever the heck the NCAA wants to call it, then so be it. he's learned from it. you would think having a Xavier JESUIT education would have at least gotten you to some point of "everybody deserves a second chance" type of attitude. apparently the things Sean supposedly did are unforgivable in your mind. heck the NCAA hasn't even RULED on what he's done/not done (even though the FBI CLEARED him of everything) and yet you're willing to completely throw him under the bus before this. isn't that a "guilty until proven innocent" kind of attitude?

just my take on all this. Xavier did their due diligence on this. Sean has PAID dearly already and is probably going to "pay" more when NCAA rules on it. he's not perfect. none of us are. but he's learned from this. i think you should, too.
Interesting post.

1. We went from the "Xavier Way" to "everyone cheats, including our former coaches" pretty quickly. All for Sean Miller??

2. If Sean didnt know what was going on with the recruitment of the #1 player in America, then he is not fit to be our coach

3. I believe Sean deserves a 2nd chance. There are plenty of High School, low level NCAA, or NBA assistant jobs available for him to start his redemption tour with. Definitely doesnt deserve to walk into the X job. He should earn his way back. We should never hire a guy who got fired from his previous job. Our job is too good for that.

4. How do you know X did their due diligence? What specifically did they do? You think they asked him why he said he didnt know Dawkins? And then looked like a fool when the recordings were released of them joking around like old buddies.

5. What price has Sean paid dearly for? Seems like he got off easy and everything worked out well. Book paid dearly.
this thread is about assistant coaches and players staying or leaving. Because you have decided to highjack the thread and other threads with your crying the next time you highjack a thread or post on this thread about something you do not know is true you will be given a suspension.Want to argue with me and we can do it now
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:43 am

wondering what is taking the other players so long to make a decision? i understand Ward but you'd think Free and Cesare would have decided by now.
finalfourorbust

Postby finalfourorbust » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:03 am

longliveskip wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:43 am
wondering what is taking the other players so long to make a decision? i understand Ward but you'd think Free and Cesare would have decided by now.
Maybe they just don't feel like they need to make an announcement.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:20 am

finalfourorbust wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:03 am
longliveskip wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:43 am
Maybe they just don't feel like they need to make an announcement.
i would expect that if we had NOT made a coaching change but considering 2/3 of the players that are supposed to come back have put SOMETHING out there on social media, you'd think we would have at least heard something by now.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:46 pm

xaviermuskie2003 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:15 pm
... 5. What price has Sean paid dearly for? Seems like he got off easy and everything worked out well. Book paid dearly.[/quotee]s

If Coach Miller hung Book out to dry, why didn't Book rollover on Coach Miller???.. If someone stabbed me in the back I'd turn on them in second before I did ant time... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:51 pm

The Odom announcement was a big disappointment. He had an opportunity to play for a former PG with a lot of coaching success. Odom is obviously lacking the ability to shoot but he does so many other things well that he is still a huge asset. Normally I would say leaving is a huge mistake because of the opportunity to learn from a great coach but in this case, Odom really doesn't need a great coach. He understands his limitations and consistently makes good decisions. There have obviously been mistakes but generally he makes the right decisions. This move is bad for X but not necessarily bad for Odom.

If Odom wants to play at the next level, he should certainly work on his shot but I suspect that can be done at just about any school. Playing at a lower level conference isn't necessarily bad either. If he has some shooters around him, and the team plays solid D, he will likely be enough to get the team to the NCAA tournament.

Odom will be missed. Best of luck to him.

Love that Jones is returning.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:11 am

Cesare is back.

that basically just leaves Freemantle (and Ward but i'm hearing Ward is more and more NOT likely to commit because of Brooks (dir. of recruiting?) leaving. he was the main guy in Ward's recruitment. anyone hearing anything different?

i believe Free has until May 1 to enter the portal.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:28 am

longliveskip post_197475 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:11 am
Cesare is back.

that basically just leaves Freemantle (and Ward but i'm hearing Ward is more and more NOT likely to commit because of Brooks (dir. of recruiting?) leaving. he was the main guy in Ward's recruitment. anyone hearing anything different?

Ward says he is cutting his schools to 6 on the 28th so it looks like X is looking at other sources and if he choices X it might be too late. I think he enjoys the process of being courted and he might be too high maintenance to deal with. Williams while less ranked has a college track record that might be better.

X has 4 openings with two filled by our incoming recruits so Sean has two possible recruits or transfers. A one-year point transfer might be good as Claude could split time with the transfer and possibly Jones.

Tyrese Hunter of Iowa state has entered the portal Hunter earned Big 12 Freshman of the Year accolades and a spot on the all-freshman team ... averaged 11.0 points and broke the ISU freshman record with 172 assists and 71 steals ...
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:48 pm

muskieman wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:28 am
longliveskip post_197475 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:11 am
Cesare is back.

Ward says he is cutting his schools to 6 on the 28th so it looks like X is looking at other sources and if he choices X it might be too late. I think he enjoys the process of being courted and he might be too high maintenance to deal with. Williams while less ranked has a college track record that might be better.

X has 4 openings with two filled by our incoming recruits so Sean has two possible recruits or transfers. A one-year point transfer might be good as Claude could split time with the transfer and possibly Jones.

Tyrese Hunter of Iowa state has entered the portal Hunter earned Big 12 Freshman of the Year accolades and a spot on the all-freshman team ... averaged 11.0 points and broke the ISU freshman record with 172 assists and 71 steals ...
I would go all in for Hunter. Love his game even though he is a streaky long range shooter. He is probably chasing an NIL check but, in fairness, ISU is losing all of their best players so maybe he just wants to compete.

Sad Ward may be gone but holding out hope.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:54 pm

Kendric Davis, PG transfer, trims his list to 7 schools tonight.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”