Who leaves? Who stays?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
Jesseandrippers

Re: Who leaves? Who stays?

Postby Jesseandrippers » Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:48 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:54 pm
Kendric Davis, PG transfer, trims his list to 7 schools tonight.
We didnt make the top 7.
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:50 am

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:48 am
Jesseandrippers wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:54 pm
Kendric Davis, PG transfer, trims his list to 7 schools tonight.
We didnt make the top 7.
Doesn't look like it... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:04 pm

Realistically, X was never going to land Davis. Let's keep it real. I suggest concentrating on conjuring up some mojo and Xavier Nation karma for Rudi Williams, who is coming for a visit this weekend. Dude can ball, & score the rock, all from the PG position. Rudi will be tough to land but at least this is within the realm of possibility. Now let's have a gorgeous sunny 73 degree spring day this Saturday and hopefully Sean can get him to commit before leaving. This would be HUGE.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:19 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:04 pm
Realistically, X was never going to land Davis. Let's keep it real. I suggest concentrating on conjuring up some mojo and Xavier Nation karma for Rudi Williams, who is coming for a visit this weekend. Dude can ball, & score the rock, all from the PG position. Rudi will be tough to land but at least this is within the realm of possibility. Now let's have a gorgeous sunny 73 degree spring day this Saturday and hopefully Sean can get him to commit before leaving. This would be HUGE.
You make us sound like a Buick!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:04 pm

X-lucidity wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:04 pm
Im not sure I agree. We were in contact with him. We are a program with great facilities in a big conference that we are on the upper half of (should be better). Renewed excitement with a new coach who just happens to be a good recruiter. Also, we dont have a starting PG so a high chance to start immediately with minimal minutes split. Stop thinking like A10 Xavier.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:21 am

looks like Ward has his final 3 - Gtown, Vtech, and LSU.

Brooks got a job as an asst at Gtown so i expect that to be his pick.
X-man

Postby X-man » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:21 pm

ZFree is staying according to someone on the XavierHoops board who heard a Rothstein interview with Sean Miller where Sean told him that. Good news indeed.
Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament, and almost always makes some noise while there. Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan (ESPN Summer Shootaround, 2012)
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:35 pm

Fab news indeed X-Man! Thank you Zach, here's hoping you take another huge step forward next year and that you stay healthy this offseason.
I'm telling you folks, if Sean can bring on board a vet solid PG that can shoot it a bit, we iz all set to do some damage..
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:43 pm

yeah, Sean mentioned Zack, Colby, and Jack and also named Edwards as an upcoming star and Miles along with some players that had injuries. Spoke at length and very highly of Colby comparing him to some of zona's best wing players. Also talked about the two incoming players. Talked about the advantage of being in Cincinnati and the distances between cities when recruiting as well as new ways to add important key players.

In case you want to listen https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status ... 7476084736
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
longliveskip

Postby longliveskip » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:52 am

i know there's an "anti-Freemantle" crowd on this board and that's fine. he deserved it at times but if you look at what he did the last 4 games in the NIT - that's the kind of player we need him to be. he played 18-24 min per game and still managed averaging like 14 and 8. he doesn't need to be out there in the 27-33 min range. he's not built for that no matter what he or his dad thinks. hopefully Sean can get him to buy-in for his senior season and make it a great one.

still need to find that PG that is at least a little bit of a threat from 3.

let's go X.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”