Page 1 of 2
I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 am
by Mr. Neutral
Today's Chgo. Sun-Times reports that former Univ. of Illinois standout Deron Williams gave the U. of I. athletic dept. a check for $300,000 during an alumni basketball game this weekend.
I know guys have mentioned Grant, West and Hill helping out X, but I can't recall the specifics.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm
by muskieman
Mr. Neutral wrote:Today's Chgo. Sun-Times reports that former Univ. of Illinois standout Deron Williams gave the U. of I. athletic dept. a check for $300,000 during an alumni basketball game this weekend.
I know guys have mentioned Grant, West and Hill helping out X, but I can't recall the specifics.
a number of players have been very generous to X and not just the pro guys.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:40 pm
by Shadow
How about all golfers contributing an amount equal to their annual green fees.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:52 am
by wkrq59
most of the pros and former pros have been very generous to their alma mater and almost to a man have asked not to have their generosity publicized.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:24 pm
by muskieman
Shadow wrote:How about all golfers contributing an amount equal to their annual green fees.
Shadow you would solve any of Xavier's future monetary problems with just two of them ....One from the windy city and one from the tribe town. Actually, if either one of these guys did that X would rival Harvard in endowment.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Or guys who drive their camper all over the country could give an amount equal to all their gasoline expenses!
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:31 pm
by Shadow
Mr. Neutral wrote:Or guys who drive their camper all over the country could give an amount equal to all their gasoline expenses!
I knew that was coming.
BTW, it's a 40' top of the line coach currently parked in northern NM near Taos and I burn diesel.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:34 pm
by Mr. Neutral
Apparently, diesel is more of a mixed blessing than it used to be.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/18/autom ... nted=print
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm
by Shadow
I burn that because of the power it gives me. This unit weighs 14 tons and I still get 8.5 gpm. Still the cheapest way to travel and as I've said before, "I know who was in my bed every night I've had it". If you should ever happen to be in NE AZ and drive from Canyon de Chelly NP toward Shiprock, NM, picture going over Buffalo Pass in a 40 footer towing a PT Cruiser. Great view from the top, actually quite awesome. Today was a snap coming over the Wolf Creek Pass in CO after visiting the Great Sand Dunes NP yesterday.
Re: I hope X gets this kind of donations from former players
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:24 pm
by muskieman
Shadow wrote:
I burn that because of the power it gives me. This unit weighs 14 tons and I still get 8.5 gpm. Still the cheapest way to travel and as I've said before, "I know who was in my bed every night I've had it". If you should ever happen to be in NE AZ and drive from Canyon de Chelly NP toward Shiprock, NM, picture going over Buffalo Pass in a 40 footer towing a PT Cruiser. Great view from the top, actually quite awesome. Today was a snap coming over the Wolf Creek Pass in CO after visiting the Great Sand Dunes NP yesterday.
And yet we never see any photos!