Ryder Cup at Louisville
-
RONALD78
- Posts: 2156
- Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:34 am
- Contact:
Ryder Cup at Louisville
so who all has made it there or is going? I was there all day Friday. Saw some X fans....wearing X shirts
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ryder Cup at Louisville
Didn't make it to Louisville, but watched about 15 hours worth of the Fri-Sat-Sun matches, and it was fabulous. It's like a 3-day long NCAA tournament game, with ebbs and flows, pressure on every point, great play and big mistakes.
I can only imagine the pressure the team felt, especially after 3 straight losses and 2 consecutive waxings. Great job by all involved (though Phil should thank the other 11 guys for carrying him).
I can only imagine the pressure the team felt, especially after 3 straight losses and 2 consecutive waxings. Great job by all involved (though Phil should thank the other 11 guys for carrying him).
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
Masterofreality
- Posts: 979
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:38 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ryder Cup at Louisville
Sunday's matches were incredible. I loved the way that Anthony Kim refused to concede Sergio any putts. It seemed to frost that Spaniard Punk and he missed a 2 1/2 footer later in the round that really put the nail in the coffin. All the good ol' boys Boo, Kenny Perry and Holmes came up big and my boy Ben Curtis beat Westwood. Guys were just flag hunting all weekend and draining putts.
It is superb to take the cup on American soil and hats off to my original hometown of Louisville for hosting a great show!!
U____S____A,,,,,U____S____A!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is superb to take the cup on American soil and hats off to my original hometown of Louisville for hosting a great show!!
U____S____A,,,,,U____S____A!!!!!!!!!!!!
PAY THE MAN!!!!
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ryder Cup at Louisville
Names being thrown out for next captains-
Europe: Olazabal, Montgomerie, Bjorn, Woosnam, Lyle, McGinley.
USA: Azinger, Pavin
Europe: Olazabal, Montgomerie, Bjorn, Woosnam, Lyle, McGinley.
USA: Azinger, Pavin
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Ryder Cup at Louisville
I always work under the opposite thinking. I would concede putts and then when it got tight, I would make them hit it. I figured that at my rate, they would not be getting in the grove on the short putts. It worked for Kim; maybe I will try it next time.Masterofreality wrote:Sunday's matches were incredible. I loved the way that Anthony Kim refused to concede Sergio any putts. It seemed to frost that Spaniard Punk and he missed a 2 1/2 footer later in the round that really put the nail in the coffin. All the good ol' boys Boo, Kenny Perry and Holmes came up big and my boy Ben Curtis beat Westwood. Guys were just flag hunting all weekend and draining putts.
It is superb to take the cup on American soil and hats off to my original hometown of Louisville for hosting a great show!!
U____S____A,,,,,U____S____A!!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 890 guests
