the Transfer portal; Good or Bad for players?

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

the Transfer portal; Good or Bad for players?

Postby muskieman » Mon May 23, 2022 9:07 pm

2021-22 Transfer Portal Breakdown

Freshman: 378 D1 players are still in the portal, 698 total went in.

Sophomores: 221 D1 players are still in the portal, 439 total went in.

Juniors: 233 D1 players are still in the portal, 488 total went

54.7% of the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who entered the transfer portal didn't have a new school as of six days ago. Per Jon Rothstein
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Re: the Transfer portal; Good or Bad for players?

Postby Xavier2005 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:20 pm

No one answer. The portal is good for some and bad for others. But IMHO it is necessary to help players move on to other programs to get away from a bad decision to go where ever they went....for any number of reasons(the school, the coach, fellow players, more playing time, etc .). The coaches were also jumping to another school for way more money, while students were stuck at a school they dreaded to be. The portal was necessary for the players.
Timeless

Re: the Transfer portal; Good or Bad for players?

Postby Timeless » Tue May 24, 2022 7:35 pm

with an almost 60% rate of players not having transferred the portal doesn't look like a safe bet. Sure getting away from a bad situation is important but winding up with no school scholarship could be the worst outcome for a large number of players

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”