SAVE THE DATE
Special edition summer Coach’s Show with @CoachMillerXU at @DillyCafe
!

June 9, 2022
Dilly Bistro in Mariemont
6-7PM
Radio WLW

BTW if going call for reservations because they are going quickly
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Coach's show

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:24 pm

Kam Craft is one of the best shooters he’s ever been around coming from high school to college. Sean Miller on the coach's show tonight

Also thinks all three new guys will impact this year’s team.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:48 pm

Well now That was certainly refreshing. To listen to a major D-1 coach discuss his new team in-depth. The pros & cons and how he plans to utilize them. Then to sit back in front of your radio and realize - He is OUR coach now....! Two take-aways that I just loved. 1st when asked if he thought X would be a better 3-pt shooting team he first mentioned a few players that he is expecting improvement from, as would be the typical response. But then he mentioned, almost with a smirk, that X will improve because the right guys will be taking the majority of those 3 attempts. Hallelujah...!!! My heart leapt for joy as he then expounded on that statement by drilling down and explaining players would need to earn that right in practice and that some players would not be given the green light. Such a brutally self-evident concept yet one we dreadfully lacked the past few seasons. 2nd, he mentioned that he felt our personnel would be capable of playing at a much faster tempo. Not a foolishly hurried pace but a controlled & strategic sped up pace. He stated that he believed the Bid East was lacking such a team and that it would pose match-up problems for many in our league. You know, like he has a master plan and knows how to implement it.
OK, maybe I am a bit out over my skis. But what the hell. Xavier Nation, there is a new sheriff in town, and we should be in for quite an exhilarating ride. Think of where we all were mentally just three short months ago regarding the future of Xavier basketball........
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:14 am

You mean our 3pt percentage can improve by having the correct players shooting, what a concept? I guess we won't be one of the BE's worst 3pt shooting teams like the last four years. Also, great to hear that we will finally be an up tempo team that has been promised by our former coach. I have no problem with Boum as the PG considering that we have had a PG the last few seasons that wasn't a PG. This will be a fun team to watch and we have a coach that will demand the respect of the players and officials. No Jay Wright will help as well.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:08 pm

skyhops wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:14 am
You mean our 3pt percentage can improve by having the correct players shooting, what a concept? I guess we won't be one of the BE's worst 3pt shooting teams like the last four years. Also, great to hear that we will finally be an up tempo team that has been promised by our former coach. I have no problem with Boum as the PG considering that we have had a PG the last few seasons that wasn't a PG. This will be a fun team to watch and we have a coach that will demand the respect of the players and officials. No Jay Wright will help as well.
Miller brought up a great point. In the era of position less Bball, a pure PG isn't as critical as it once was, though I would still prefer one. Neither Kansas nor AZ had one last year, but still had great years.
Alistair89

Postby Alistair89 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:12 am

miller always had solid players getting to the rim. he made ordinary players better because of it. he didnt really make markkanen take a lot of 3s. was more like watching fred hoiberg at iowa. used best skillsets rather than 4 out.
edgecliff hall

Postby edgecliff hall » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:08 am

Hi Allstair, You seem to be expert. Please explain "Fred Holberg at Iowa" and all thereafter. Thanks.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”