New NCAA rules

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

New NCAA rules

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:00 pm

The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved allowing men's basketball officials to assess Class B technical fouls to players who fake being fouled, beginning in the 2022-23 season. Also conferences can experiment using five media timeouts

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2022/6/9/medi ... tball.aspx
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Re: New NCAA rules

Postby pdxmuskie » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:00 am

This is a great rule change. Offensive players should be penalized for trying to get bailed out of bad decisions.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:02 pm

pdxmuskie wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:00 am
This is a great rule change. Offensive players should be penalized for trying to get bailed out of bad decisions.
the problem is it is at the whim of the ref. I say let them play on because when they see it not being called they realize they are out of the play if they fall
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:39 am

I believe all fouls are at the whim of the officials. I've been called for plenty of fouls I never committed and was never called for some fouls I did commit. Similarly I've been fouled without calls and received calls when no fouls were made.

There is some serious BS in the NBA with offensive players faking fouls. Doesn't seem to be a real issue in college but better to get ahead of it before NCAA turns into the joke the NBA became.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:58 am

pdxmuskie wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:39 am
I believe all fouls are at the whim of the officials. I've been called for plenty of fouls I never committed and was never called for some fouls I did commit. Similarly I've been fouled without calls and received calls when no fouls were made.

There is some serious BS in the NBA with offensive players faking fouls. Doesn't seem to be a real issue in college but better to get ahead of it before NCAA turns into the joke the NBA became.
I agree, and the most egregious is the reach-in foul when the backs are toward the ref calling the foul. I have questioned a number of refs about it over the years and the truthful ones say they are going by the stats that the slap could be the ball but most of the time it is on the hand or arm. The problem with the whim is when a ref has it out for a team or the conference ref of the opposing team.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”