Gavit games opponent

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Gavit games opponent

Postby muskieman » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:53 pm

Xavier get IU

The Musketeers will host Indiana in the Gavitt Tipoff Games, an annual event that features the Big East Conference against the Big Ten Conference.

The rest of the games
Villanova at Michigan State
Iowa at Seton Hall
Marquette at Purdue
Butler at Penn St
Northwestern at Georgetown
Nebraska at St. John's
DePaul at Minnesota
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
LetsGoMuskies

Re: Gavit games opponent

Postby LetsGoMuskies » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:01 pm

Interesting that neither of the regular season Champions from last year are in it this year. Wonder what that's about?
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 pm

LetsGoMuskies wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:01 pm
Interesting that neither of the regular season Champions from last year are in it this year. Wonder what that's about?
Just the way the chips fell I am guessing. X was left out one or two years and we are now getting our second home game in a row since we had two away games in a row before last year (Wisky and Michigan, 2 road wins for X). The deal was a ten year arrangement and each team playing would get an equal number of home and away games.

MM or whoever please post a game date as soon as you get wind of it. I am trying to plan around our family Xmas party on December 17th, so I am hoping it is not that day. X ALWAYS has a game on the day of our family party.
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:36 am

olsingledigit wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 pm
LetsGoMuskies wrote:
Just the way the chips fell I am guessing. X was left out one or two years and we are now getting our second home game in a row since we had two away games in a row before last year (Wisky and Michigan, 2 road wins for X). The deal was a ten year arrangement and each team playing would get an equal number of home and away games.

MM or whoever please post a game date as soon as you get wind of it. I am trying to plan around our family Xmas party on December 17th, so I am hoping it is not that day. X ALWAYS has a game on the day of our family party.
I am hearing Nov 18 but nothing official
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
olsingledigit

Postby olsingledigit » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:56 pm

muskieman wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:36 am
olsingledigit wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:03 pm
LetsGoMuskies wrote:

I am hearing Nov 18 but nothing official
Same date as last year’s Oh State game. Of course Friday instead of Thursday. Makes sense. They like to cluster the dates all the games so:they can keep score on who is ahead
Dressed to the Nines - Last of the LHS Single Digits - Dedicated to John "The Beer Spiller" McCormick, my son-in-law who passed June, 2016 at age 44. Long time Xavier fanatic and friend of many Lew Hirt Members. RIP Mac Strong! We miss you.

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”