I have been on this board for some time now, and I always forget my manners during the season. The manners that teaches us to thank people for courtesies of others. So for my part, thanks to the site owners who present this opportunity, and the mods who try to keep things in order. Special thanks to Gary, who is almost singlehandedly posting links to stories and sites that I find edcuational, amusing, some times infuriating, but never dull.
Now I had better get a program and a media guide so I can have a handle on all the newcomers on the floor this year. If Sean can get this group playing as a team early, I for one will be a very happy fan.
Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
-
CarlosTheJackal
- Posts: 462
- Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:07 am
- Contact:
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
I'd say the check's in the mail, Carlos, but we both know that's not the case. But thanks anyway. The season can't start soon enough!
A media guide is a must, and I should get mine for this year. So many questions come up during the season that can be answered immediately with a media guide. They make us look smarter than we actually are, which is a good thing.
A media guide is a must, and I should get mine for this year. So many questions come up during the season that can be answered immediately with a media guide. They make us look smarter than we actually are, which is a good thing.
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
Ditto from me to the folks who provide this board.
It lets me keep up with my favorite team from 1,400 miles away.
Can't wait for the saeson to begin.
It lets me keep up with my favorite team from 1,400 miles away.
Can't wait for the saeson to begin.
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
And I like to throw in a thanks to the posters for respecting this board and contributing insights to Xavier that otherwise I might miss.
And also thanks to DirecTV which enables to to watch all those televised games from the remotest of places that I find myself. I'll be traveling TX during the season this year and will seek a chapter to watch the Shootout event.
And also thanks to DirecTV which enables to to watch all those televised games from the remotest of places that I find myself. I'll be traveling TX during the season this year and will seek a chapter to watch the Shootout event.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
I hear the Texas chapters are playing good money to host your visit!
I thank all Xavier fans that post here because without you were would we be. Sure there are times when things get strained and frustration sets but it is a chance to show GOD's gift of patience because there are many more difficult and serious problems in life than sports.
Here is to the Xavier Musketeers and Sean Miller both have given us wonderful memories and will, I believe, continue to represent the school we love with the highest level of character and play.
I thank all Xavier fans that post here because without you were would we be. Sure there are times when things get strained and frustration sets but it is a chance to show GOD's gift of patience because there are many more difficult and serious problems in life than sports.
Here is to the Xavier Musketeers and Sean Miller both have given us wonderful memories and will, I believe, continue to represent the school we love with the highest level of character and play.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
Shadow,
Wise and I are both in Texas, just 600 miles apart. I will be serving Chili 4-way and hosting the entire XU alumni base in Lubbock (me) at my home for the game.
Wise and I are both in Texas, just 600 miles apart. I will be serving Chili 4-way and hosting the entire XU alumni base in Lubbock (me) at my home for the game.
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
gundum, where in Texas do you live? and in Texas isn't 600 miles just a trip to the grocery store?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
gundun
- Posts: 1050
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
Lubbock -- Home Bob Knight and the Texas Tech Red Raiders
And as we say in TX, "its down the road a piece."
And as we say in TX, "its down the road a piece."
- Shadow
- Posts: 6246
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
Weather..com tells me that you have that white stuff in the winters there, Gundun. I have developed an allergy to that form of precipitation so I no longer jump from helicopters to slide down hills, among other things. That doesn't bode well for me to be dropping by to say hello. With that game being 11 weeks into the future, I'd hesitate to say where I will be. Today I'm in Taos but made that decision yesterday simply because I was under-awed at Santa fe..
I will be, within the next couple weeks in close proximity to you as I intend to spend some time at Palo Duro and Caprocks as I weave my way toward the Big Bend Country and from there, the Hill Country - weather permitting.
I will be, within the next couple weeks in close proximity to you as I intend to spend some time at Palo Duro and Caprocks as I weave my way toward the Big Bend Country and from there, the Hill Country - weather permitting.
Moderator EMERITUS, Musketeer Madness.
-
Pierre Dracot
- Posts: 1298
- Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:04 pm
- Contact:
Re: Before things heat up -- thanks to the sponsor and the mods
You're entirely welcome. Think nothing of it.
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 762 guests
