The Idaho Vandals cheerleaders will undergo a makeover in less than a month after spectators complained their uniforms are too skimpy.
While some fans thought the uniforms were too revealing, a number liked them, said Bruce Pitman, dean of students.
The outfits that drew controversy, halter tops and short black skirts with white trim, were similar to what an NFL cheerleader might wear, Pitman said.
"I'm not quite sure what will happen to them," he said.
The cheerleaders coach ordered the uniforms and paid for them with $4,200 from a spirit squad fund, part of which is drawn from student fees, Pitman said. The squad has ordered new uniforms with $2,200 in private money, he added.
The new uniform is black and silver with a less revealing halter-style top and a skirt about six inches longer than the ones that cheerleaders debuted earlier this season, said Shelly Robson, an adviser to the spirit squad and a fundraiser for the athletics department.
The previous uniforms didn't flatter every member of the team, and some girls said their outfits were uncomfortable, Robson said.
"Girls are just bigger these days, not everybody's a size zero," Robson said. "We're not being a bunch of prudes."
For Idaho's most recent game, the cheerleaders ditched the skimpier uniforms in favor of black volleyball shorts and football jerseys. The new uniforms are expected to arrive by Oct. 4, when the Vandals host Nevada.
It's the second uniform adjustment for the school this fall.
Earlier this month the football team removed the UI logo sewn onto the seat of the pants after fans complained. Athletic Director Rob Spears says nobody realized earlier how the logo would look.
Can cheerleaders' uniform possibly be TOO skimpy?
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Can cheerleaders' uniform possibly be TOO skimpy?
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
- muskieman
- Posts: 26817
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:34 pm
- Contact:
Re: Can cheerleaders' uniform possibly be TOO skimpy?
Oh sure give us the article but leave out the pictures!
I was watching NFL this weekend and I forgot the team but even I mentioned to the wife that the outfits of the cheerleaders left little to the imagination.
I was watching NFL this weekend and I forgot the team but even I mentioned to the wife that the outfits of the cheerleaders left little to the imagination.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
-
Mr. Neutral
- Posts: 14366
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 pm
- Contact:
Re: Can cheerleaders' uniform possibly be TOO skimpy?
<<Oh sure give us the article but leave out the pictures.>>
Ask and you shall receive.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2 ... ls_ch.html
http://bittenandbound.com/2008/09/23/id ... ch-photos/
Ask and you shall receive.
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2 ... ls_ch.html
http://bittenandbound.com/2008/09/23/id ... ch-photos/
The only confirmed screen name banned for life on Xavier Hoops!
-
realxfan
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:54 pm
- Contact:
Re: Can cheerleaders' uniform possibly be TOO skimpy?
I like them.... 
Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 938 guests
