Morgan State Game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Morgan State Game thread

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:55 pm

They shot 37% and X 51.6% Everyone played High point Souley 23 points(4-6 from 3)5 steals while the low point Tucker breakaway dun hit back of the rim and 20 TOs
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:02 pm

muskieman wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:55 pm
They shot 37% and X 51.6% Everyone played High point Souley 23 points(4-6 from 3)5 steals while the low point Tucker breakaway dun hit back of the rim and 20 TOs
They didnt cover…low point
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 pm

Jesseandrippers wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:02 pm
muskieman wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:55 pm
They didnt cover…low point
I said it would be close! ;) If you put money on a game like this you are surely crazy :o
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:20 pm

They covered
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:25 pm

My mistake they didn’t cover it was -23.5. Miles, Tucker, and Edwards didn’t help.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:43 pm

Nice to see the assist on 24/32 field goals. Kyky and Hunter played decent with Hunter having some nice inside shots and rebounds Kyky needs to shoot better than 1-5 from the field but that will come because he has too much talent shooting the ball. Jones and Jack had too many TOs and Jones's TOs were a lot like the kind he had last year
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:22 pm

Game was sloppy through about halfway into the first half. Not what I expected from a Miller team but it is very early in the season. This was a good test of the freshman as there are learning opportunities created from the pressure.

Hunter is the player I expected him to be and an incredibly valuable asset to the team. As long as he isn't taking deep shots, he will be a big part of this team making a run. His athleticism and length give him a huge advantage on the defensive end and on the glass. He is a capable scorer in garbage opportunities - off the glass and dump offs from drives.

Boum seems to be legit. Not necessarily a great PG but a scorer.

FT shooting allowed X to build a lead. Hopefully X gets it done from the line all season.

The whole team needs to address the sloppy play. Morgan St was aggressive going after passes and X was throwing careless passes 10 minutes into the game. It should not take that long to adjust. Plenty of those turnovers were unforced.

The freshmen were freshmen but Craft and Claude both had moments. They are not quite ready to compete at a high level but they both seem likely to contribute at a high level at some point. They will likely be significant contributors this year but not there yet.
skyhops

Postby skyhops » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:13 am

The line closed yesterday at -23.5. Not that is matters.
Jesseandrippers

Postby Jesseandrippers » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:18 pm

Will take any win, even if ugly. The “real” tests start on 11/18. Miller has a few more cupcake games to get his team marinated within his system. Hate that we still have no PG. We missed out on the game flow managers in the transfer portal. That is my biggest concern.
Anti-Homer

Postby Anti-Homer » Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:37 pm

muskieman wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:43 pm
Nice to see the assist on 24/32 field goals. Kyky and Hunter played decent with Hunter having some nice inside shots and rebounds Kyky needs to shoot better than 1-5 from the field but that will come because he has too much talent shooting the ball. Jones and Jack had too many TOs and Jones's TOs were a lot like the kind he had last year
Wow,

Looking through this thread, one would think X lost by 20. Usually, my Co-Mod handles everything with great aplomb and insight, but sadly, he is conducting the Negative Train. Tandy played “decent?” He of the three steals who played the best defense of his career with only one forced shot? Hunter played his 2nd best game of his career as an X player, going 5-7, 1-1 from the line, 2 assists, 0 T.O.s, and 9 boards in 17 MINUTES, and he only played decently? I guess you would also say Nathan Lane was only “decent,” and not absolutely sublime in Birdcage. He’s so talented. Morgan St is no juggernaut to be sure, but they are projected to finish 2nd in their League, FWIW. This is the type of game that would have been a one possession game under two minutes in……..recent previous times.

20 T.O.s is entirely too many, but after the 10 minute mark, they only had 7. Seven also were committed by the freshmen. Boum is the real deal, and Freemantle is going to be a handful on the offensive end. I almost forgot what a disciplined offense looked like. Neither Free nor Hunter took a three, and they only shot 14 as a team. Only Tandy took a bad one. X had 24 assists. 24! They also went to the line 36 times, hitting 27….a staple of Miller’s teams. I still don’t think this is the year that they make even a decent run in the Tourney (something X has been accustomed too under the three M.s, Matta, Miller, and Mack), but me thinks they will win one game.

Mman, I say respectfully, "Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”