Creighton Game thread

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Re: Creighton Game thread

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:30 pm

I think tonight everyone was just on their game because there was a lot of decent D, but both team players were making shots. Creighton's last possession wasn't the only one. Right about the missed first shots on the one and ones by Zack and Colby. Timeless thought 5 points or more and he/she would have been right if the one and ones were made. Nembhard was trying to talk to Souley when he was at the line and bumped him one time, and Souley just knocked them down.
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Timeless

Postby Timeless » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:35 pm

I didn't factor in the missed 1 & 1 shots by Jones and Freemantle, but a win is a win. Heard Sean saying he would address getting the ball to Boum at the end of games.
connecticut72

Postby connecticut72 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:38 pm

Creighton scored 60 pts against UCONN and they torched us tonight. I would not call what we played tonight decent D. We lost our men and had trouble once again with ball screens.
pdxmuskie

Postby pdxmuskie » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:47 pm

The defense in the first half was pathetic. So many easy drives to the rim. X got lucky that Creighton somehow missed a couple easy ones.

Nunge is guilty of some bad defensive plays early in the game. He also took a bad shot from 3. That being said, he held his own against the Creigton big man. The rebounding advantage was significant but Kalkbrenner had a 3 to 1 steal advantage.

Free struggled shooting and turning it over but he was the hero last game and we won, so it is all good.

Boum was obviously amazing securing the win but it is worth noting that he took 1 bad shot and another questionable 1. I call this out because X had another amazing shooter recently that started forcing shots and it crushed his shooting percentage. Boum is clutch at the line and that is huge for this team. He is also very efficient and I want him to continue to be efficient as that is a big reason why Xavier is winning.

Great game for Jones other than a couple sloppy moments that resulted in turnovers.

Hunter came up big again. Love him passing up several open 3s. Especially the time he then got a sweet bank shot to go. Then he drains the wide open 3 from the corner. Can't blame him for taking the next open 3 opportunity but wish he hadn't.

Great win against a great team. Creighton showed why they were predicted to be first in BE.
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:50 pm

The moment of the game happened during the last time out when Sean Headbutted Adam Kunkel. I would love to know what he was saying to him. Was it a let's get this one into Souley and end this game, ADAM?
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
Xavier2005

Postby Xavier2005 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:02 pm

it was a great game by both teams. But the best team won! XAVIER
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:09 pm

https://youtu.be/AFypKnTK3uk game highlights

https://youtu.be/ZwYa53GDat0 Souley and Colby

https://youtu.be/OjodESBz75I Sean's press conference
muskieman

Postby muskieman » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:13 pm

pdxmuskie wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:47 pm
The defense in the first half was pathetic. So many easy drives to the rim. X got lucky that Creighton somehow missed a couple easy ones.

Nunge is guilty of some bad defensive plays early in the game. He also took a bad shot from 3. That being said, he held his own against the Creigton big man. The rebounding advantage was significant but Kalkbrenner had a 3 to 1 steal advantage.

Free struggled shooting and turning it over but he was the hero last game and we won, so it is all good.

Boum was obviously amazing securing the win but it is worth noting that he took 1 bad shot and another questionable 1. I call this out because X had another amazing shooter recently that started forcing shots and it crushed his shooting percentage. Boum is clutch at the line and that is huge for this team. He is also very efficient and I want him to continue to be efficient as that is a big reason why Xavier is winning.

Great game for Jones other than a couple sloppy moments that resulted in turnovers.

Hunter came up big again. Love him passing up several open 3s. Especially the time he then got a sweet bank shot to go. Then he drains the wide open 3 from the corner. Can't blame him for taking the next open 3 opportunity but wish he hadn't.

Great win against a great team. Creighton showed why they were predicted to be first in BE.
the D came when the team needed it the most. There was a 4-minute stretch in the second half where Creighton didn't score from the field. Creighton is a high-scoring team and when they are on their games are like what we saw tonight, and I am glad we have a team that can score the ball like we have done and I credit that to Souley and Sean
yellow20xd

Postby yellow20xd » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:31 pm

muskieman wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:50 pm
The moment of the game happened during the last time out when Sean Headbutted Adam Kunkel. I would love to know what he was saying to him. Was it a let's get this one into Souley and end this game, ADAM?
I wasn't sure if I saw that right or not... Dan
"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
X-lucidity

Postby X-lucidity » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:11 pm

Human nature, strange yet so predictable. I watched that game and rode a super natural high for a couple hours as I helped my lovely wife with a project she invented in the basement. But I was looking forward to hopping on this thread. And what do I find? A couple posters who just can't seem to enjoy this unexpected ride and allow themselves to sucked into despair over our lack of stellar defense.... I've made this point prior but falls on a lot of deaf ears. Let me try to help with a quick therapy session: Xavier ain't very good playing defense this season. OK, there it is. Let that sink in. Your life will become so much easier. All joking aside, X just does not have the personnel to put a dominant defensive squad on the court. I'm sure Coach Miller is working tirelessly to make strides where he can but there is always going to be a gap due to our current roster and the attributes they each bring to the table. What they can put on the court though are 7 darn good players that have heart, 6 of which average 4+ years of post high school experience. Oh, and they can score the ball from deep, close in and mid-range. Hence, we can make it hard on even good defensive teams. D-1 ball can be won or lost with a myriad of styles and strategies. We just won ANOTHER huge game. I don't know about some of you, but I enjoyed the hell out of that game and am on cloud nine...

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”