Villanova is DEAD tonight's game against Butler

Talk XU Men's basketball here...
muskieman

Villanova is DEAD tonight's game against Butler

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:00 pm

39 seconds to go, and down to Butler 75-68. I hear coffin nails being pounded into a casket
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
muskieman

Re: Villanova is DEAD

Postby muskieman » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:06 pm

Final Butler 79 Nova 71 cheap 3 point foul called on Butler with 11 seconds left
I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em.
pdxmuskie

Re: Villanova is DEAD tonight's game against Butler

Postby pdxmuskie » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:33 am

I have not seen Butler play this year but would have assumed a healthy Nova squad would get the W. Obviously too early to draw conclusions but I wonder how long Nova will tolerate losing if the current coach struggles? I might be misremembering, but didn't think his resume was all that great. His connection to the prior coach is significant but that doesn't mean he can be the guy. The loss and struggles so far this season also do not mean he can't be a top level coach.

I wouldn't mind if Nova struggled for several years assuming another big east team was ready to carry the conference - Xavier perhaps?

Return to “Xavier Men's Basketball”